Chapter 1

Chapter 1

The loud ringing of my sword hitting her daggers rang out over the training room. I was fighting Natasha, but we were just training so it was nothing serious. She smiled at me which made my heart melt then she spun around and had her dagger at my throat.

"I win," she told me.

"Think again," I smirked and looked down at my sword which was pressed up against her stomach. She also looked down then jumped back.

"You're so sneaky," she told me smiling.

"Like you can talk!" I shouted playfully back at her then ran towards her and swung my sword. She dodged easily and threw a dagger at me. I deflected it with my sword and swung it again at her. This time she kicked the sword out of my hands and sent it flying across the room. It hit the wall and got embedded into it. She held a dagger to my throat.

"Now I win," she smiled.

"Yes since I'm going easy on you," I told her and she lowered her dagger.

"I was going easy on you too," she replied with a childish tone.

"Sure," I told her then walked over to my sword. The whole blade had dug into the wall. I tried pulling it out but it wouldn't budge. Stupid sword.  I used my eyes which beams of light usually used for killing vampires to cut the sword out. It was sort of bent too.

"Great..." I muttered as I examined the twisted sword.

"You should probably get Harry to fix that," Natasha told me also looking at the sword.

"Yeah..." I sighed and walked off towards Harry's room.

Harry is our blacksmith he does amazing things with metal and is able to make awesome weapons. He often works with Lucy who is a tech, which is like a cyborg, half human and half machine. She can control technology with her mind.

As I was walking along the hallway I smelt vampire but not just any vampire, Miyako. Koneko had brought her back again. Anger swirled up inside me. Why on earth did she bring that leech back here again.

From in Harry's room I heard him say "Maybe ask one of the dragons anyway you need to get out of here because I hear Hunter coming and he hates vampires."

Got that right. I can't believe Harry would let that leech into his room.

"But I'm pretty sure the dragon hate me too," I heard Miyako say, she paused for a moment and I felt the hate build up inside me, I wanted to kill her "I'll see if I can find a way," she finished then walked out of the room. She was face to face with me. I glared at her, the temptation to kill her was so great. I even had a sword in my hand; which I clenched tightly , my knuckles going white.

"Well, that wasn't the best idea," she muttered to herself.

"Get out of my sight," I growled at her trying really hard not to kill her.

She glared back at me and continued walking past me. I smelt her awful vampire scent of blood as she got closer, I had to stop myself from gagging.

Natasha appeared next to Miyako "Sorry about him..."

I walked into Harry's room not caring for what Natasha had to say. She can talk to that leech if she wants to however I want nothing to do with her.

Harry looked over at me "What's up Hunter?"

I threw my sword at him and he caught it "I bent it during training."

"Oh, well that's annoying," he told me while looking at it "but don't worry I'll be able to fix it."

"There are things that are more annoying," I growled.

"I sense aggression," Lucy said in her mono-tone computer voice from behind me making me jump.

"That's because he saw Miyako, he is a vampire slayer remember?" Harry told Lucy.

"Oh yes, I remember," Lucy said sounding quite creepy.

"You shouldn't get so angry every time you see a vampire Hunter," Harry told me.

"Shut up, you don't know what I've gone through, besides it's literally in my my blood to hate vampires," I snapped at him and started to walk out.

"We've all had hard times putting up with vampires in the past Hunter," Harry told me but I kept walking "especially Koneko but look at her now."

I turned around and looked back at Harry "I know, I can't believe her."

Harry sighed and I walked out of the room.

There was this place called the hotel it was for everyone who was against the vampires which were aiming to take over the world. It was made up of all kinds of myths. Koneko was the one who was in charge of it. Before she was a part of it she had a very terrible experience with vampires murdering her whole family. So that made her hate vampires and I thought she would hate them forever. Even though the actual building for the hotel has been destroyed we are still together at Koneko's boyfriend's house fighting the vampires. However I'm not sure Koneko's heart is in it anymore. She has made friends with one of the enemy even though Koneko is one of my closest friends I'm not sure if I can trust her anymore.

I need to kill this vampire, it might even have Koneko under some kind of spell and be controlling her. As Koneko's friend I'll get rid of this leech.

Through Koneko's and I's mental connection I could tell she was on the roof talking to Miyako. I walked outside my dragon Lava Eyes walked over to me.

"Hello Hunter," she said and smiled showing her pointed teeth.

"Hey can you help me kill the vampire that is talking to Koneko?" I asked her.

Before Lava Eyes could reply I saw something hit me in the back of the head really hard, I turned to see it was Koneko's foot.

"Don't you dare hurt Miyako!" She hissed at me and her eyes started glowing.

I could feel hot blood roll down my neck. She was serious. "Koneko I have to protect you from her," I told her.

"As if I need protecting, if I wanted to kill that vampire I would have done so long ago, but she is different. She isn't like other vampires Hunter! We can trust her," she yelled at me.

"Fine I won't kill her, this time," I growled and jumped onto Lava Eyes and she flew off.