Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Miyako quickly ran off after Koneko's death. It was too much for her. I just wanted to go into my room and cry for hours but I knew Victoria would blame Miyako for this and she would be in danger. Koneko would never again be able to stop her either. So I stood outside of the house staring at the forest without blinking.

The forest was a place Koneko had loved, she had lived her whole life in it and now has died near it. Being a half demigod of Demeter she connected with the natural world and spoke to all the trees in the forest. It was truly her home and it hurts to see it knowing I'll never again see her within it enjoying the trees. When we were being attacked by Stone Koneko had told me she would never leave this forest and that we were free to but we all stuck by her even though it meant a lot of deaths for us. She knew a lot of people who died in this forest so I don't exactly understand how it could have been a positive place for her however she must have seen it as neither positive or negative, just her home and where she belonged.

It hurts to think that I'm never going to see her again and she is never going to annoy me again. Sure she had her flaws but she was a great person and this was way too sudden and she didn't deserve this. She deserved to grow up and marry Itsuki or do whatever she wanted and live a long life. She was only 21, that's too young for her to leave us.

I had to stop thinking about such a heart breaking subject because the tears were too much. From what I sensed Miyako wasn't in danger.

Natasha opened the door and stood next to me "Hey Hunter."

"Hello," I replied sadly and wiped some of the tears off my face.

"Why are you out here?"

"I'm just making sure Victoria doesn't attack Miyako but..." I paused as there was a lump in my throat "it's too hard to enter the forest."

Natasha sighed and hugged me "Koneko loved us but Miyako was her daughter. She doesn't want anything to happen to Miyako and she wanted Miyako to live on. So she needs to be protected. If you could protect her daughter Hunter, she would be forever thankful."

I put an arm around her "as usual you're right. I just hate the past tense.... I still feel like she could be with us."

"Everything she taught us and her memory will be forever with us. We just have to make we never forget, all those times she has helped us we owe it to her to at least make sure that we remember and tell her story so loud she can hear us from the underworld," Natasha explained.

I nodded holding back tears "Now that is two women I need to have hear me."

"Oh yeah your sister..... Stone really ruins everything for you doesn't he?" She whispered.

I nodded this time not saying anything.

"Koneko killed him so he is dead and will never come back," she told me "He won't take anyone else's lives."

"I hate him more than anything else," I whispered softly.

She stroked my arm "I'm going to make sure Miyako is ok, you keep an eye on Victoria."

I nodded and she disappeared.

Finding Victoria might actually be a difficult task. I can only really find vampires easily. I stepped into the forest and soon the trees surrounded me and the familiar forest scent filled my nose. I fought back tears and continued further into the forest.

I soon came to the deep lake Koneko always avoided, afraid it was going to drown her because of the fact it got deep as soon as you touched the water. In it I could see the reflection of Moon Light's head wandering through the forest. Poor dragon is completely alone now. I'd feel bad for her but I couldn't possibly feel worse than what I feel right now I have reached a low I had only reached one time before. I probably will have to start dating Natasha too because Koneko wanted it. Even though I have more feelings for Miyako I've got to try to love Natasha. I would only hurt Miyako if I dated her. I guess it's the very least I can do for Koneko is love someone else. Someone like me is not even meant to be in love. I never married the woman my parents wanted me to so I should at least marry the woman Koneko wanted me to. She was almost like my own mother even though she is barely older than me.

I got up. I guess I should find Victoria now. I started to walk away from the lake.

"It's kind of obvious," I heard the booming voice of Moon Light say. I turned around to see Miyako take off her jacket and throw it to the ground at the edge of the lake.

"If I survive this, I was meant to continue living. If not, I was meant to die," she then jumped into the lake.

Moon Light just watched her with no kind of emotion. Miyako was trying to kill herself again. Right after she had promised me she wouldn't try to kill herself.

No! I screamed in my head and jumped in right after her, just as the water of the lake chilled my body dread did.

It was just as it was in my dream. Her hair spread out all around her, covering her face. She didn't struggle against the water and she let it pull her down into the darkest depths. But she was still alive. I could feel it and this time I wasn't going to let her die. I had to protect her. I could not let the delicate feeling of her life disappear. I loved her and she was Koneko's daughter. She was meant to continue living. I could leave her and show that I truly hated all vampires however I didn't...

I swam down further and her hair wrapped around me and I wrapped my arms around her. I don't know if she could feel it but she was alive. Barely alive..... yet still alive. This was my chance.

I fought against the water and we broke the surface together. She had escaped death and I had shown that I truly cared for her. I a vampire slayer loved a vampire.  

Meow myths,

So this is the last chapter of A Vampire and a Vampire Slayer. I really hope you enjoyed, it was so fun to write although it was sad at times. The story doesn't end here though, the second book in this series is Promise of a Vampire Slayer, so keep your eyes out for that.

If you wish to read more about Koneko she is referred to as Sarah in the Hotel series.

Natasha also features in the Hotel series however she has her own story called A Drop of Purple.

And if you wish to check out more vampire stories please read Miyako_Toya 's To Dispose of Roses.

Meow for now