Chapter 21

Chapter 21

It was the first year I haven't been to go see my mother's grave on mother's day. It sucked so much that I had to miss my flight but it couldn't be helped I had to help Miyako. I could have taken Moon Light but Natasha needed her.

As hard as I tried I couldn't stop myself from crying. I buried my face in a pillow so no one could hear me. It wasn't like there was anyone around though.

Or so I thought.....

"Hunter, you okay?" I heard a soft voice speak.

Automatically my vampire slayer powers recognized it as Miyako's. "No," I muttered my voice muffled from the pillow, I stopped crying because I didn't want to seem weak to Miyako.

She sat down beside me "What's wrong?"

I didn't look at her to avoid blushing "I missed my flight to my hometown, so I won't be able to visit my mother's grave like everyone else will...."

She hugged me. How am I meant to control myself around her, I'm sick of being mean to her. She doesn't deserve it, she deserves everyone to be nice to her. Having to put up with that pureblood would be enough pain for her.

I sat up and hugged her back.

"I won't be going anywhere," she whispered.

"Thank you Miyako...."

"I'll stay with you, if you want me to."

"That would be nice," my face broke into a smile, damn she's cute.

We discussed who was leaving, it turns out almost everyone aside from Devil and Xavier had left to go visit their mothers. The she said something so cute it was so hard for me to keep myself from blushing "It's kinda selfish of me to be glad that you're here with me now."

"You can't help being selfish you're a vampire," I blurted out trying to remind myself I could never had her.

"Well..... that's...." she trailed off.

"True?"

"You tell me," I looked up at me.

"All vampires are selfish," I looked at her lips wanting to kiss him "Some less than others though."

She looked away from me, I'm guessing my yellow eyes were scaring her "I hope I'm one of the less..."

"Of course you are," I said cheerfully "you helped Koneko so many times, no selfish person would have done that."

"Thank you, I guess."

My eyes skimmed over her arms as I smiled "are your arms better now?"

I had noticed her arms looked normal again, the burns I left there were gone.

"When I touch them they hurt a little bit, but they are better than before," she replied.

"I'm so sorry about that I feel terrible about hurting you," I whispered looking down at my gloved hands.

"Don't feel sorry, it was my fault. You were just trying to protect me," she reassured me.

I showed her my gloved hands "I wear these gloves all the time so I don't hurt you"

"I really appreciate you doing that for me," she whispered cutely.

"Now I can pick you up without burning you," I touched her face, even through the gloves her face felt silky and soft.

"........I'm still a little bit scared of being burnt when I'm near you since that happened, but I know I'm being a bit crazy for being like that," she explained.