Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"Please don't hurt Hunter!"

Bang!

Koneko's fist connected with my face and I flew across the room before slamming into the wall. Pain erupted through my body and my sight flickered threatening to slip into the darkness of unconsciousness. I collapsed onto the ground, unable to get up I layed there.... this is all for you Miyako.

"That wasn't necessary Koneko," Miyako spat angrily.

"He hurt you didn't he?"

"Well yeah but it wasn't that bad."

"And that too wasn't that bad," which is true, I have had worse beating for Koneko, she then hugged Miyako "now, are you feeling better?"

She nodded, Koneko had healed her wound.

"You might want to take Hunter out of here before his blood stains Itsuki's floor."

As if Itsuki would care he probably cleans blood stains all the time. He's a butler. Miyako tried to help me to stand I tried not to put too much weight on her has I got up and we both walked out of the room.

"Thanks Miyako," I told her.

She blushed cutely "You're welcome and thank you for doing that for me."

"It was nothing," I realised that I must be badly beaten and probably look ugly so I covered my face. Besides I was probably blushing like crazy too. Even though I know I can't date Miyako I still want to impress her for some reason. I noticed Miyako was limping a little.

"I'm sorry," I stopped leaning on her "you're having enough trouble walking on your own.

"I'm okay," right after saying that she almost fell over. I caught her but I had to use both of my hands, which revealed the bloody and ugly side of my face.

She looked up at my face. "I'm so sorry," she whispered.

"It's fine really, this is nothing," It hurt like a bitch but I've had worse.

"I feel bad," She whispered, I was still holding her... I didn't want to let go.

"Don't, I did this for you."

"You didn't have to...."

"You have lost a lot of blood Miyako," I said, she looked very pale.

"I know..." She whispered "I feel dizzy. I can't even see you properly."

Thank goodness because I know I'm blushing. Now she need my blood. I lifted her up to my neck and pushed her fangs into my skin "drink my blood it will help."

She weakly pushed me away "I couldn't do that to you.

I held her firmly "Do it Miyako, vampire slayer blood is much desired by vampires, although everything else about them is deadly to vampires their blood is really good for them."

She started to drink my blood. It felt so uncomfortable but not as bad as when other vampires try to drink me. She was drinking me. I could feel her fangs inside me.

She could see me making a weird face so she stopped, hopefully she drank enough to heal her.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked.

She nodded shyly "a little... thank you."

I picked her up "I'll take you to your room."

"Of all people, I never thought you would be the one to help me like this," she said while blushing.

She is adorable... "Neither did I."

"We're not fighting as much as we used to. I guess people can change," she said then closed her eyes.

I smiled "Yes, they can."

I have changed a lot, or at least my feelings for her had. I looked down at her "You must be tired."

"Yeah, I'm exhausted,. But I don't know if I can actually sleep, I'm still shaking in fear," she whispered.

"Do I have to sleep next to you," I said without thinking and instantly regretted it. Stupid. That sounded so perverted...

"I ..uh ... ummm..." She stuttered blushing. Ugh I'm such an idiot.

I put her down in her bed carefully.

"Thank you," she whispered.

I sat beside her "Now go to sleep."

She looked up at me "Do you need help with your injuries?"

"I'll be fine, I heal quickly."

"Are you sure?" She sat up and licked the blood off my face. I wanted to grab her and kiss her so badly... Miyako....

I let her lick most of the blood off my face, enjoying it greatly before saying "You really are Koneko's daughter."

"I'm slowly turning into her... oh no," she stopped licking to my disappointment.

"You need to sleep Miyako."

She lay down again "I'll try."

I looked at her and sighed. Her beauty was driving me crazy....

"What is it?" she asked, hearing my sigh.

"I'm sitting next to a vampire...."

"Is that so bad? You were just helping one too..."

"It would be if I was around other vampires slayers."

"Oh I see now, it's a pride thing isn't it?"

"I guess..."

She closed her eyes. I watched her closely. Damn it she is cute when she is sleeping... so much better than Koneko.

She opened one to look at me. I resisted the urge to smile. "Go to sleep Miyako, you'll heal faster."

".... you're not going to hurt me in my sleep, are you?" she asked. I'd never do that. I might kiss you in your sleep though.

"No, if I did that Koneko would kill me," I replied. She closed her eyes once again and I attempted to tend to my wounds. After doing the best I could with healing my face I looked over at her, she seemed to be sleeping. I smiled but it kind of hurt my face. She held onto my arm

"Please don't leave me alone Hunter... I'm scared," she whispered. I'm not sure if she was talking in her sleep or not but it was so cute and I blushed like crazy.

"Don't worry," I reassured her "I'm not going anywhere."

I put my hand over hers, wearing the gloves of course. The last thing she needed was vampire slayer burns.

"Thank you... so much," She whispered.

"It's ok Miyako you don't need to be scared."

She looked as though she was about to cry "Why is everyone out to get me... why does everyone want to hurt me."

Poor thing had been through a lot, I resisted the urge to hug her "No one here wants to hurt you, you are safe with us Miyako."

"You promise no one will hurt me? At least while I sleep..."

"No one will hurt you while you sleep Miyako, I am right here and I won't let them hurt you," I'll kill anyone who dares touch her.

She held my hand tightly and I smiled and held hers in return.

"Sorry for bothering you with all this..." she whispered.

"It's ok Miyako you just get some sleep and I will protect you."

I watched her try to fall asleep but obviously she was terrified by what had happened to her. She really needed me. This was my chance to prove myself to her. I layed down beside her. She looked at me and I hugged her "please sleep Miyako."

She hugged me back and I blushed.

She fell asleep in my arms... she felt safe in my arms.....

I smiled.