Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I was not allowed to rest long as I heard Natasha ask "Where is Miyako?"

There was a silence which was unbroken. I opened my eyes. Where was she? Was she even here before? My brain was so disorientated with exhaustion I couldn't make sense of what I was seeing. "I have no idea" I muttered, pain like a monster living within him making each breath hurt.

Natasha looked at me and yelled "We need to find her!"

I was not expecting her to be so aggressive and I gasped but pain flared up refusing to let anything else have my focus. "fine, I will help you," I growled.

Natasha helped me to stand, my eyesight was still very poor and returning to me slowly. I relied greatly on my hearing and sense of smell. Natasha's scent was dainty and slightly floral which matched her perfectly. Her slender hands with fingers that followed suit griped my arm tightly and lead me outside.

I could sense Miyako, I guess that's why Natasha wanted my help. I walked towards her, it is similar to another sense for me to be able to detect vampires. I could feel her presence but also the presence of a much more powerful vampire who was very close to her. A pureblood. Although pureblood vampires are powerful I can still kill them, I've only ever come across a few and only ever killed a few but I know I could kill one. I believe in my powers. I could feel the hate and anger boiling up inside me along with the pain which was already growling within me. It's not a very good combination.

As we got closer to them I could hear them talking. I couldn't make out what they were saying though. I faced the pureblood, still unable to see him fully. All I could really see was what must have been a white shirt and brown hair. Details were gone. "Who are you?" I growled at him and almost facepalmed at my own stupidity. Out of all the questions..... I don't give a shit about who he is.

Suddenly they disappeared and I sensed their presence much further away.

"Who was that?" I yelled not really looking at anything.

"A vampire...." Natasha seemed to be in deep thought.

"Well duh!" I snapped at her.

"He is one of the pureblood that were there when Miyako was injured...."

"Oh no!" they were so far away too "Ok Natasha we need to find Miyako by combining our powers."

I felt Natasha's slender hand slide into mine. Her skin was cool and velvet against mine. I could feel myself blush. Ok I have to focus. Natasha's mind entered my own and I focused strongly on Miyako and the pureblood's location. Natasha's powers flowed through my body giving me a very strange sensation. It's like cold water running through your veins but very quickly and it wakes you up. Natasha then teleported and using my locating power, teleported to where Miyako and the pureblood were.

I looked around, my eyesight had improved a little I could make out that there was a desk so I assume this was an office. I squinted my eyes and scanned the room for Miyako while Natasha questioned the pureblood. I located her laying on some kind of couch. She appeared to be asleep.

"She's a little upset, so I took her away from the situation, brought her here and I just told her to get some rest. That's all," the pureblood's voice was deceitful.

I walked up to him, he was quite tall so I had to look up at him to see his face and attempt to look him in the eye. I growled "I don't trust you."

"It would be wise of you to be that way," he replied simply. Of course it fucking would be. Damn purebloods.

"What did you do to her?" I asked pain still roaring in my ears.

"Nothing," then he muttered to himself "as of yet anyway."