𝙪𝙣𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙜 ♡ r. velvet

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

» REQUESTED BY TooruHRV «

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ─── ꕤ ─── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

ORDER #016 》
red velvet cookie

HEADCANONS ... written by morgan

prns ; he/they

blind reader ! accidental meeting !
❛ a serendipitous encounter brings 
change you couldn't have 
expected, for better and for worse. ❜

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ─── ꕤ ─── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

» HEY KIDS / MOLINA, LATE VERLANE «

0:00 ─〇───────────── 0:00

⇆ ◁ ❚❚ ▷ ↻

JUST HEAR YOUR MANIC SPEECH TURNING INSIDIOUS !

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵

♡ As a blind man, you naturally have to be extremely careful where you step foot.

♡ One wrong move, and you're severely injured or being forced to pay for some priceless object you've broken.

♡ You've learned to adapt to the world and your condition over time—and you've done well so far, you'd say.

♡ You have your service dog—a Cake Hound that you stumbled across one day and took home—who follows you everywhere.

♡ It always makes sure you're safe, and don't bump into anything.

♡ Well, that's what it was supposed to do.

♡ But on this particular day, its eyes catch sight of something, which is obviously enough for it to leave your side and rush to what it sees.

♡ You try to follow its voice—or more accurately, the barks it makes—as it runs further and further away from you.

♡ But eventually, you can't hear the Cake Hound anymore.

♡ You turn around confusedly, calling for the tiny pet, but then you collide with...something.

♡ You can't see whatever it is, obviously, but you can hear the deep grunts it makes. It's...human?

♡ Their voice sounds deep to you, masculine inflictions in their tone.

♡ They ask you something, but you're too distracted by their voice to answer. They repeat the question two more times, until they finally sigh, and introduce themself as...

♡ 'Red Velvet?'

♡ Odd name, but you'd heard weirder.

♡ You apologize frantically, explaining your condition and the situation with your Cake Hound.

♡ At the mention of a Cake Hound, Red Velvet makes an audible noise of shock. You can hear a sudden bark bark! from his arms.

♡ He asks if the Cake Hound that is apparently currently cuddling in his arms is yours—you can only assume it is because of the barks of recognition, but you nod anyway.

♡ The hound jumps onto you, and you hastily move to scoop it up into your arms. It nestles itself in your arms, and...falls asleep almost instantly.

♡ You apologize to Red Velvet once more, and quickly run away.

♡ From there on, on certain days, your service Cake Hound rushes off into a suspiciously dark area and you're left to follow it.

♡ And every time, it leads right back to Red Velvet.

♡ You become friends, in a way, from this. The constant meetings—well, they're not intentional on your part—are enough to help solidify a bond with the man, one you can potentially call a friendship.

♡ And you think he feels the same way, just from intuition. Maybe he thinks of you as a companion...or maybe he just thinks of you as a pitiable blind person, who knows.

♡ But either way, he doesn't really protest these 'meetings.' He seems to enjoy them, actually—you can hear the softness of his voice whenever you come around, it's sort of sweet.

♡ But it's not like you can keep this up forever—at some point, you're likely going to move somewhere far away for a change of scenery, or your Cake Hound might die, or even you yourself may die.

♡ You just hope Red Velvet realizes that...which he probably does, but it's sort of a sad topic, so you'd rather not bring it up to him.

♡ Though, you doubted he'd be too devastated by your loss...right?

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵