𝙣𝙞𝙧𝙫𝙖𝙣𝙖 ♡ d. choco

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶

» REQUESTED BY lomarii ( tumblr ) «

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ─── ꕤ ─── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

ORDER #020 》
dark choco cookie

HEADCANONS ... written by nova

prns ; they/them

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ─── ꕤ ─── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

» VIVA LA VIDA / COLDPLAY «

«0:00 ─〇───────────── 0:00

⇆ ◁ ❚❚ ▷ ↻

NOW THE OLD KING IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE KING !

︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵︵

♡ dark choco cookie was a solitary cookie. pleasure was something he was loath to indulge in. he didn't deserve it,, he told himself -- what good what come from a villain like him submitting to his desires? 

♡ but you were different. you were tempting,, just like the strawberry jam sword before his younger self. you treated him with such kindness and compassion,, feelings that he hadn't felt for the longest time. you deserved everything the world could offer. you deserved a friend better than him.

♡ so he'd developed a habit of telling you to stay away. it was for your own good,, but you were always insistent on hanging around him. "why would i avoid you for no reason?" you said with a vibrant smile pulling at your lips,, "you're my friend,, dark choco. you're stuck with me now,, whether you like it or not." 

♡ vibrant. that was definitely a word that suited you. your personality was as bright as the sun and your lackadaisical grins were like beams of light kissing the earth. you liked bad romcoms and mandarin orange fruit cups and tie dye shirts and long walks along the beach ( you said the last one jokingly, but he knew you adored beaches anyways ). the two of you were truly polar opposites.

♡ yet somehow,, by some miracle,, you were friends. fate surely worked in weird ways. for once,, dark choco was grateful towards it leading him to that accursed malicious sword -- if he didn't take it,, then he wouldn't have met you.

♡ he was wounded during that fateful encounter. caught up in a petty fight against gingerbrave and his companions,, he'd been marvelously defeated and was preparing to feel the wrath of dark enchantress and her cronies. but instead,, he had miraculously ran into you and your addictive empathy. 

 ♡ you didn't know about his villainous background. he hoped you'd never find out. both of you were already so happy,, living in your own fantastical pocket of the world after you'd taken him in to live with you at your cabin. you and him were getting closer as well. he liked to think that it was more than just friendly affection; imagining himself as a couple with you made his heart feel like it was about to jump out of his chest.

♡ no, no. he'd gotten too presumptuous. he didn't deserve it. he didn't deserve it. dark choco found himself repeating that all too familiar phrase over and over again more often than before.

♡ but no matter how many times he told himself that,, he still couldn't deny the urge to squeeze you just as tightly back when you gave him hugs,, the blush that heated his cheeks when you playfully said something raunchy,, the little traitorous smile that tugged at his mouth from all the little faces and movements you made. he wasn't fooling anyone but himself ( and possibly you ). he was in love.

♡ love was such a joyous,, beautiful emotion. a catalyst for everything wonderful and everything terrible. perhaps one shouldn't be too surprised if ardor's bud bloomed into a rose of anger. anger towards a relationship broken,, shattered beyond repair. anger towards a scheming antagonist,, one who he had been reluctantly working under this entire time. anger towards losing you,, beautiful,, irreplaceable you.

♡ dark enchantress had taken a step too far.

♡ and maybe he did too,, dark choco thought,, towering above a fallen corpse. guilt was beginning to eat away at his conscience and his mind wallowed through the thick sludge of doubt,, worries sticking to him like parasites. what if you found out? what would you say to him then? 

 ♡ he didn't want to think of the outcome,, yet he still found his thoughts whirring like cogs in a clock,, overloaded with all the different outcomes that came with you discovering his ... accident. he imagined your back turned to him,, you barely even sparing him a cold glance before walking away. no,, no,, he couldn't let that happen. he wouldn't let that happen. 

 ♡ he couldn't live without you. you were his light to his dark,, his savior,, his muse. dark choco didn't care if he had become completely dependent on you. he loved you,, and that was all that mattered,, didn't it? 

♡ it wasn't. he knew it wasn't,, yet still clung to that false sense of security,, the hope that you would be able to forgive him after what he'd done. it was inevitable that he would end up paying the price. 

♡ your face was a painting of unadulterated shock. you had put two and two together far too quickly; from the smudged blood red jam on his clothes that he desperately tried to wipe off to the dead body you stumbled upon despite his best efforts to lead you away from it. 

 ♡ he tried his best to reason with you. this was for your own sake! this was necessary in order to free you from dark enchantress' grasp! yet his words didn't seem to register in your mind,, overwhelmed with confusion and surprise and anger and doubt. 

 ♡ so he knocked you out. he didn't have a choice. you wouldn't be able to listen to anything he said in your current state. dark choco needed you to listen. once you listened,, you'd understand what he did to protect you. you were like an angel,, after all. His angel.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵