beer for breakfast

Soda is relentless on this surprise,he won't even give me a hint. I try every method that I used on my parents to get what they were giving me for christmas out of them, It didn't work. It was morning and Soda was already up and getting ready for work, he hopped into the hallway bathroom to take a quick shower. We all were scrambling about to get this done and that done, me and pony weren't going to school today because the people from the state were gonna come by sometime today, so we were staying home to clean. Two bit gallently volenteered to baby sit, which meant sitting by the tv with a beer in one hand and chocolate cake in the other. He usually let us do our own thing, while he told us wild stories about his many shoplifting adventures. Lord, he was a good buddy to have, hilarious as they come, chores were a lot more interesting when he was there.

"Let me see the pretty ring Soda's told me all about." Two-bit says, sitting up.

I show it to him and he looks it over before handing it back with a cocked eyebrow and a wise cracking smirk.

"That's right pretty, lordy he better take care of ya or I'll crack his head in." Two bit said, laughing light heartedly.

He walked into the kitchen to grab another beer. I heard them 'whispering' from the wall.

"Has he told her yet?" Two bit demanded.

"No, he's waiting till this afternoon to tell her, must be pretty dang important, he got Darry to take a day off of his new job and he and Steve took the day off." Pony informs Two bit.

"Lordy he sure is crazy bout her." Two bit says, shaking his head.

"I can't wait till she sees it." Pony says, smiling wildly.

"Come on and help me with the dishes before Darry comes home and skins both of us." Two bit says with an eye roll.

I am excited about this surprise