Burning Bridges

After Sandy's....passing, we both reluctantly agreed to come to the funeral.

The minister preached a long, long sermon about her life and the intense depression we all must be in. To be honest, I was so glad that he finally said "Amen." and we could leave. I look over and Soda had tears shining in his eyes, it wasn't because he missed her, but that's just who Soda was. He understood what it was like to loose someone and seeing people so sad made Soda sad too.

We went by to see the body in the casket, it looked nothing like Sandy to me. Her skin was a translucent white and her dyed blond hair was perfectly strait and seemed to flow perfectly down her head. In her snow white hands was a single rose, it seemed to be the only color of the body, she was wearing a white sundress. It almost seemed to blend in with the body. It just didn't look like the snarky broad that had tried to beat me up.

"Soda?" I hear a teary voice call from the line of people.

Soda turned around.

A lady with brown hair and light blue eyes approached us with tears flowing down her cheeks, shining like crystals.

Soda smiled at the woman "Hello, Dianne."

She embraced him then me.

"I miss her so much." Dianne said, she choked on her unshed tears.

"I know, I know. " Soda says, comforting the weeping woman.

"I got something for you." She said looking at me.

"Me?" I ask in slight shock.

"Yes, Sandy told me to give it to you."

I was honestly shocked. What was even more shocking was what it was.

It was a silver heart locket with a red rose on the front of it, It was beautiful. I just smile at her and thanked her. We asked her if she had a place to stay, she said she didn't want to go home. We invited her to come stay with us, she accepted reluctantly.