I think I missed something...

The first thing I'm aware of is that my head is pounding. I grit my teeth and sit up, my head protested at the sudden movement. Dally was laying on the floor asleep. Looking down at him, I realized he looked a lot different. His features were relaxed and his breathing was light...he seemed at ease and carefree for once. I smiled and ruffled his dark brown hair, his dark brown eyes snapped open and he looked up at me.

"Morning babe." He said sitting up, wincing a little.

"Hey. What's wrong." I asked looking at him

"Got in a fight with Shepard...think I cracked a few ribs." He said, sighing as he stood up to sit beside me on the bed.

"Here, let me see." I say gently

He looked at me and just laid down, resting his hands by his sides. I felt around his ribs, he tried not to wince.

"You got three cracked ribs." I say matter-of-factly.
He nodded and looked at my head.

"You alright?" He asked me...trying to look nonchalant but failing.

The memories of last night flooded into my mind without warning. Tears sprang at the corners of my eyes. I'm NOT going to cry...I'm not going to cry. I didn't want to cry...especially in front of dally. I took a shuddering breath and nod slowly.

"Look babe..." He paused, running his hands through his hair in frustration of not knowing what to say.
"You don't gotta be strong for me." He finished looking into my eyes. I nodded as the tears free fell from my eyes and broken sobs racked my body. Dally wrapped his arm around me pulling me into his chest.

"Shhh baby it's alright." He cooed to me softly.

I sniffle and stop crying, wiping my eyes. This is ridiculous I am sitting with my all time favorite character and I am crying. I sigh and reach up to wipe my eyes. He smiled and take his thumb and gently wiped the tears from my eyes.

"I never would expect you as the sweet type." I say re relaxing against his chest as he held me, gently stroking my hair.

"I usually ain't, I don't know what it is about you but I feel like I need to protect you." He admits looking at the ground, embarrassed of his confession.

I pull back to examine him, his broad shoulders and well defined chest...he was in really good shape. I smile and trace down his chest with my fingers, tracing lightly over his abs.
He grinned and kissed me on the lips. The same light, breathless feeling was back...like the entire universe was no longer there...just us. The kiss was very soon deepened. His mouth, passionate and loving against mine.

Then all of the sudden his hand moved into my hair and he gently examined my head to make sure I wasn't hurt too bad before kissing me harder and laying me down flat on the bed.

Before this could go where it was heading Buck came in and said "Two boys here to see ya, dall....said their names are Pony and Johnny." Dally nodded and got up and motioned for me to stay there as he walked out the door.

Couple of minuets passed and they come in, Ponyboy is shaking and soaked and Johnny was trembling and pale.

"Glory, what happened to you two?" I ask looking at them.

"Johnny killed a soc." Pony boy said trying hard not to sob. Dally quickly gave them some money and a gun and most importantly: a plan. He told then where, when and how to get there. I was shocked at how steady Dally's voice was. I, ofcorse, knew this was going to happen but still...it was different than reading about it. Here was Johnny, shaking like a leaf, and Pony, was trying not to cry. This was seeing it real and being here...it was not the same as reading. They left a short time later, dally was shaking his head.

"Never would have pictured Johnny to ever kill someone." I say looking at Dally. Dally shook his head
"I knew it was only a matter of time before Johnny would use that knife. " he muttered. I rub his back slowly, knowing he was worried about Johnny. He smiled tensely, I kiss him on the neck slowly, just trying to calm him down. He grinned and relaxed almost instantly. He yawned and wrapped his arm around him and pulled me into his chest, smiling sleepily. I grin and snuggle into his chest and very soon we drift into a peaceful, much needed sleep.