Tell tale

We sure did 'sort things out'. Apparently, if it's sodas baby, they didn't want it. They didn't want it there because it reminded them too much of soda so they're first recommendation was that I go live with another relative like they did in the 60s. I reminded them they were MY house, they didn't say anything. I didn't blame any of them because I knew they were all still grieving but it didn't make it hurt any less. I started thinking about what I could do, I had to go to school but I just couldn't get the fact that he could be alive out of my head. I started thinking about places we went to that wasn't in the 60s. The place we first met when the DX and it was long gone.

Or was it?

I get in my car and quickly get to where the DX used to be and it was an abandoned old broken building. I couldn't believe they hadn't tore it down. I walked in slowly and at least two different types of rats scurried at my feet, I just took a deep breath and looked around, keeping my phone on as an light. Let's see if I was soda where would I hide something. I think for a moment or two before looking down at a Pepsi bottle at my feet. I shown the light on it and sure enough there was something in it. Of course Pepsi cola would hide something important in a Pepsi bottle. I picked it up and opened it slowly, the bottle had been washed out so the letter slide easily out. I walked to a less infected corner of the DX and read it slowly out loud.

"My dearest Bree, I know your confused and hurt beyond belief but trust me when I say leaving you was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I promise you that I will be home and things will go back to normal. I know the gang must be upset and I hope you know I never meant to hurt any body, I don't know when I will be back but I doubt they will believe you if you tell them I'm alive, they are stubborn like that. I miss pony and Darry like crazy and I wanted to come and see them but I was forced to reconsider. I hope you all are safe, I miss all of you so much. It hurts everyday to think I am farther away from you but believe me darlin, it was required to keep y'all safe. Please I am begging you to stay safe.
I love you and miss you so much
Love always
Sodapop Curtis."
I was sobbing by now. What monster would take him away from us? The date was yesterday so that meant that he meant for me to find it today. I take a deep breath and hear a shift in the rubble and I turned around quickly to see pony.

The look on his face told me he heard me.

"So he's alive?" He asks timidly.
I nod slowly.
"We need to get to school, Darry will be ticked if we don't." He says sighing. I nod and wrap an arm around his trembling frame.
"It's gonna be alright." I whisper, gently stroking his hair.

He nods and walks with me to school. When we walk in the door, that mean atrocious girl was walking in beside us. I couldn't help but notice...she had mud caked on her jeans and shoes. Hmm interesting.