Chapter One

I hopped down off the bus followed by Ashely-my roommate/best friend- who was going on and on about that fact that my childhood best friend Niall Horan was in town with the rest of his band mates for the summer.

I mean I kind of want to shoot him an email and see how things are going, who knows maybe even grab a coffee or something but he's with all his friends and I would hate to take him away from that.

"Ashley just let it go" I complained unlocking the door to our house which is surprising we can even afford this place it's pretty big and expensive for two teenage girls fresh out of high school, I guess it's a good thing we saved up for this.

"No I don't want to let it go,you should call him" she tossed her shopping bags on the counter and kicked her shoes off

"I don't want to" i shrugged, I mean I do want to call him but I'm still kind of mad at him, he just left me, up and left to play pop star without so much as a phone call or a text message.

The first time in four years I heard from him was last week when he emailed me to tell me he was heading home with his new best friends and wanted to see me, I didn't bother answering him back though, I didn't really know what to say, I mean yeah I'm happy for him but still were supposed to be best friends yet he just left me because being rich and famous was more important than our friendship.

"Why, he emailed you clearly he wants to get together with you?" I set my bags down in my room and kicked my flip flops off into my closet.

"He just left me Ashely, the first time in four years he's spoken to me was last week he doesn't want to see me" I plopped down on my bed Ashely joined me

"You know I don't understand you" she complained

"What?" I asked giving her a look of annoyance.

"Did you like him or something?" She grinned

I rolled my eyes "no of course not" I hopped off the bed and walked back into the kitchen she followed.

"So then what is it?"

"I don't know what to say to him"

She starred at me.

"He's rich and famous now" I poured myself a glass of water.

"He's still the same guy Liv" she told me, I took a sip of water and sat down on the couch "I know-"

"-then call him!" She yelled at me from the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and finished off my glass of water.

"Fine, but don't expect to much" I passed her my glass and she stuck it in the dishwasher. God she knows how to get me to do just about anything.

I laid down on my bed and pulled my phone off the charging dock, when Niall had emailed me he sent me his new number and I saved it into my phone just in case.

I pressed call and held the phone up to my ear.

"Hi, you've reached Niall, I'm currently unavailable but leave me a message and I'll call you back as soon as possible" the phone beeped and I sat up, may as well leave him a message.

"Hi Niall it's Livia, I heard you were in town Uh that's pretty cool I guess it been quite a while, so yeah anyways maybe we could get coffee sometime. Uh talk to you later I guess" I hung up the phone and tossed it to the side of my bed

Well that was completely pointless, he probably won't even call back or get my message.

A little disappointed I walked back out to see Ashley "I called, but got his voice mail" I plopped down on the couch beside her