Chapter Twenty-One

my eyes painfully fluttered opened but it was still dark, I panicked when I remembered what happened and moved quickly looking around me, I was in the same spot where I was beaten.

I could barley move, I think some of my ribs are broken, I touched my lip them my forehead both had large gashes on them and were bleeding, I used all the strength I could muster up to get to my feet, and ran home ignoring the pain. Tears were flowing freely making it hard to see anything in front of me, but I still ran.

When I got back to the house the lights were all off, and my moms car still wasn't in the driveway, I can't stay here she can't see me like this. I don't want to be alone though, I should call someone but who?

I pushed the front door open and flicked on a light heading for the bathroom, I flicked on the bathroom light and gasped at my reflection in the mirror. My eyes was black and their were cuts and bruises all over my face, I lifted my shirt slightly and saw my stomach had worse bruises on it, I winced.

Without hesitation I grabbed my phone and called Zayn.

"Hello" tired Zayn mumbled into the phone, as soon as I heard his voice I started to cry, and I couldn't stop. "Liv, what's going on?" Zayn asked, his voice panicked.

"I..I, T..There were two guys-"

"where are you?" he asked without hesitation "I'm at my moms house, alone" I cried.

"Just sit tight Livia, I'll be there in an hour of so" he told me.

"Okay" I gulped and hung up the phone, as soon as I was sure all the doors were locked I crawled into my bedroom clutching a knife in my hand just in case and curled up into a ball, my body burning with pain.

****

I flinched when a loud knock on the door woke me up, Zayn.

I clutched the knife and flopped off the bed and hobbled to the door my ankle was searing in pain, I held the knife out and slowly opened the door revealing Zayn, his eyes went wide when he saw the knife I was holding and he held his hands up.

"Hun, it's okay it's just me" he reached out slowly for the knife and took it from me, setting it down he them pulled me into a hug where I cried some more half because of the pain I was in, the other half because I was scared.

"C'mon I'm talking you to a hospital" he mumbled I pulled away quickly. "please just take me home, I want to go home" I begged.

Zayn frowned but scoped me up, and grabbed my backpack which still had all my important belongings in it.

"Do you want me to call Niall?" he asked "he wouldn't care anyways" I mumbled. Zayn placed me gently into the backseat of a taxi and we began to move "Liv, what happened?" he examined me under the dim light. I shrugged, I don't really know what happened one minute I'm walking home from this cute cafe the next I'm being beaten half to death on some sketchy back road.

If you asked me I'd say my week has been very productive, and awesome will all the events that have taken place, and as an added bonus my boyfriend on his man period and refused to talk to me. It's all pretty freaking great.

"One minute I'm walking home the next I'm lying on the ground getting beat up" I sighed, Zayn frowned. "I wish I could have been there" he mumbled using the sleeve of his black sweater to wipe away some of the blood.

When we pulled up to the airport I zipped my sweater up all the way and put my hood up, Zayn had a private jet waiting for us so I didn't have to walk through the airport where everyone would see me this way.

Zayn wrapped my arm around his shoulder so I didn't have to use my crutches-which was quite hard considering the pain I was in- and carried most of my weight until he could place me in the seat.

He buckled me in the sat across from me and in minutes the plane was taking off.

I think I could go for some sleep now that I know I'm safe and I won't need to worry about being jumped again. I closed my eyes and curled into my seat, Zayn placed a small blanket over me to keep me warm and i cuddled its warmth.

***

I sat myself on the floor in the corner of Zayn's bedroom, and brought my good leg to my chest leaving my broken angle extended out in front of me, I leaned my head against the cool dark blue wall, Zayn was somewhere in the large house doing whatever he was doing while I just wanted to be by myself, so I could think about everything that has happened to me, which probably will only make how I'm feeling worse but you know what I don't even care.

I snuggled into the large sweater and kept my eyes closed. They shot open again when there was a knock on the door "Come in" I mumbled.

I was shocked when Niall walked in, his mouth hanging open, anger and sadness washing over him when he saw what I looked like, I gave Zayn a dirty look for calling Niall in the first place and he looked down to the ground and left us alone.

"Oh my God, babe" Niall leaned toward me but I lightly pushed him away, he was confused "I don't need your pity" I growled, Niall still looked confused. "You don't get to ignore me all week, then suddenly come on in to play hero, I'm fine!" I yelled using the night stand beside me to stand up.

Niall backed away looking at the bruises that covered my body, I wrapped the small blanket around myself and sat down on the bed my back towards Niall, I could feel his eyes burning a hole in my head.

"You're right" he said him footstep getting closer to me, the bed dipped down a bit to my right which told me Niall had sat down on the bed beside me.

"I was an asshole this week" I still kept my gaze on Zayn's painting on the wall "I should have taken your feelings into consideration, but I didn't which makes me a total asshole, I was wrong to tell you to get out, and I was wrong to let you leave Australia, if I wasn't such a baby about this whole fucked up situation you would never have gotten hurt" Niall voice cracked, and I glanced at him, he wasn't looking at me but the ground, his eyes watery and a few tears slipped down his cheek.

"Don't blame yourself Niall" He looked at me, his hands gently cupped my face so he could get a better look at the bruises "This wasn't your fault" I told him, he nodded slightly and kissed my forehead.

"I promise I'll never ignore you, ever." He told me, I smiled weakly which gave pain to the cut along the bottom of my lip but I ignored it and let my body collapse into Niall's he wrapped his arms around me and cuddled me, while humming 'Little Things' in my ear, which eventually sent me into a deep sleep.