❂ 071. i know the end

•°. *FORCE BOUND.

lxxi. I KNOW THE END

❛       you come back with gravity / and when i call, you come home / a bird in your teeth

you come home / a bird in your teeth.                   ❜

I KNOW THE END // PHEOBE BRIDGERS

I KNOW THE END     //     PHEOBE BRIDGERS

THE CORRIDOR WAS VOID OF ALL SOUND. All that remained was Eisha's shallow breaths. Her lungs — the only part of her that wanted to stay alive, stay heard. Keep going, keep going, keep going: she was growing sick of the repetitive inhale and exhale, of the constant reminder they served. The reminder that she still breathed.

Whilst he staggered for oxygen.

Though, she still wasn't certain if her life did end in Khorm.

Because something certainly started.

Bones honed as she waited. For news? The inevitable? She didn't know which. Wishing to rip under the flesh, carve her bones until they became sharp and hollow: something constantly blooming between the cracks. It wasn't blood — perhaps, it was anger? It ached for sure, shredding the cartilage of her ribs the way night shreds moonlight. Swallowing the cavity whole, tearing closer to her lungs as she relished in each and every burning ache.

Maybe, it was all in her head.

But, it also all felt so real.

So painful, so deserved: the only punishment, and pain she could grant herself whilst he suffered the full blow. The full damage she should've endured, as a half-empty ache severed her soul; with a lightning-white scar to match.

His scar.

Beginning from her right temple, descending down and across her right eye, where the tears never failed to fall; where the echo of battle remained but, from no battle she damn fought. From a battle she neither won nor lost: from a battle she returned harmed, but physically, mentally — perhaps, spiritually — she was no longer sure.