|1| - Don't touch him!

Lucy's POV

It has been almost ten months, since me and Nik have been dating. I really like him. He is cute, nice, caring, and loving. But he has been acting strange ever since he became a hybrid. He is acting cold towards me. I don't know why.

I tried asking him. But he would say it was nothing. I have been spending less time with him due to this. It's like he is pushing me away. I don't want that.

I made many plans in my head about us. Wedding. Marriage. Family. All of it. I always liked imagining my own family. Because the one that I had, gave me nothing but betrayal and deceit.

I want a family, where everyone is loved and cared for. A family without betrayal or deceit. A family, where I don't have to worry about being kicked out.

I walk to Mystic Grill for food and find Kol being attacked. I quickly rush over to save my best friend, Kol.

"Don't you dare touch Kol!" I screamed, as I kicked Alaric and Damon back. "He is my best friend! And when I say 'my,' it means I will do anything to protect them!" She went to Kol and picked him up by his arm.

"Thank you, darling." Kol said to me. He got up and smiled.

"Kol!" Nik called out after he came out of the bar. He rushed to Kol. "You did this?!" He asked Damon and Alaric before grabbing them by their necks.

"Stop it, Nik!" I said. "Kol is fine now!" I looked and the two men, who Nik was holding and smirked. "Save them for later." Nik dropped them.

"Ah, I love the devilish smirk of hers!" Kol said. I give him a smile and turn to Nik.

"Let's get you back. Oh damn, you are heavy." I said, as I tried to act more humanish. "Kol, I know you are fine. So, mind standing by yourself?"

"But I want you to hold me." Kol said with puppy eyes and a pout. Niklaus growled at the comment. "What? Can't my best friend hold me?" He asked Nik. Nik rolled his eyes at him.

"Ok. Now home." I said.

...

Me and Kol are sitting by the lake at night, looking at the stars. The stars were sparkling. The crescent moon looks beautiful. I wish Nik was here to see this with me. He is busy yet again.

"Why is it so tough for my family to be at peace?" Kol asked.

"Because you are a Mikaelson?" I asked. I heard Kol chuckle bitterly. "You know, your family is not the only one who has a tough time. Mine does too." I scoffed thinking of my ex-family. "I had a brother got me kicked out of my family."