|49| - Eavesdroppers

Lucy and Kol stood in front of the whole family, holding each others hands with their heads down, after explaining all the things they saw over the span of few days.

"So this was a stalling method?" Henrik asked, raising a brow.

"Yes," Lucy answered, her head still hanging low. "I didn't want Uriel to create any further problems and ruin my plans... So, I had to do it."

"And why couldn't you tell us this?" Esther asked, "Do you know how worried we were?! We thought it was going to be over between the two of you the way you two were acting!"

"Calm down, Esther," Dahlia says in a calm tone, before looking at the couple. "Raise your heads."

They both lift it up, squeezing their interlocked hands together.

Dahlia looked at their hands and smiled. "As long as you both are fine and safe, that's all that matters."

"Yes. It could have saved us all from the stress, though, if you gave us a hint." Finn mumbled, making Dahlia smack his shoulder. "Ow."

Kol and Lucy grinned, "We promise nothing like this would happen again."

"Yeah, no more work drama," Lucy adds, hugging Kol's arm. She smiled, looking up at him as he smiled down at her, kissing her forehead.

"Wait, so who won?" Cole asked with a frown.

"Mom, obviously!" Kim and Lizzie said in sync, doing a high five. "Always betting my money on Mom!" Kim stated with a grin.

Lucy and Kol smiled, nodding. "She won!" Kol says, raising Lucy's arm.

The whole room screamed congratulations and hugged Lucy. Lucy grinned wide, hugging everyone back. Kol watched with a smile, before Finn pulled him to another room.

"What the bloody h—"

"Shush!" Finn closed the door and locked it. "How do you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Come out in front of the whole family?"

Kol frowned in confusion, "What do mean? You just go and tell them."

"Don't you feel... Scared?"

"Why? What's the worst possible thing that they can do to me? Dagger me? White Oak stake me?" Kol asked shaking his head. "Not gonna work anymore with the hybrid abilities and all," Kol explains, gesturing to himself.

"No, of course not. I meant what if they get mad at you?" Finn was sure that they won't kill him, but he was worried about they being upset with him and his attempts to hide his girlfriend.  

Kol hummed, looking up and down at Finn, "I have an eternity to make it up to them. But why do you ask? What are you trying to tell them?" Seeing Finn tense up, Kol leans forward, narrowing his eyes at him. "What are you hiding, brother?"