|36| - Rivals

Lucy was leaning against her black car with her arms folded over her chest. She was wearing brown high heel boots with denim jeans, red plaid shirt, black lace choker, and golden c-hook earrings. 

She looked up, hearing footsteps. She saw her sister, Gabriel, walking towards her. She stood up straight and gave her a professional smile. "Gabriel... What do I owe for this sudden visit from the messenger angel?"

"Put the fake smile away. It's terrible."

Lucy pouted. "Aww, why? Everyone says that it looks good."

"Not to me, it doesn't. Anyways. I am here for business."

"I know. I mean, why else would another angel visit the dear old me? Hmm?" Lucy asked with a smile. "What is it?"

"... You kill Father. So, the position is open to angels. Uriel is running for the position. Do you want to run as well?"

Lucy let out a laugh. "Do you not know me?" She asked. "Of course, I will run. And the position is mine either way. Tell Uriel to back out, to save himself from embarrassment of losing against me. The Devil." Lucy smirked at the other angel.

Gabriel nodded, before leaving. 

Lucy sucked in air, before sighing with her eyes closed. She opened her eyes and got into her car. 

After putting on the seatbelt, Lucy held the driving wheel, slowing tightening her grip on it. 

She stepped on the accelerator and drove over to her house. 

...

Kim just finished her math class and walked through the halls. Her eyes searched for her siblings, as she walked.

She soon saw Cole and Cory with Lizzie and Josie. She smiled, running up to them and putting her arm around Cole, as she jumped him. "HELLO EVERYBODY!"

"UGH! Kim!" Cole grunted from the force of the collide and hold she had on his neck. "Too tight!"

"Oh, stop being a wimp! You are an angel for god's sake! You can handle this much."

Cole rolled his eyes, sighing.

"Anyways. Where is Laura? I haven't seen her since morning."

"Ah. There she is." Cory said, pointing towards Laura, who was carrying many thick book with ease.

Cole ran over to her and removed some of the books to help her. "What are you doing with so many books?"

"I have a Chem competition."

"Oh. But you don't need to study so much. Like how many pages are you going to read? A billion?"

"If that's what it takes to beat Kamien Carter, then yes. Yes, I am." Laura replied with a deadpan tone.