|32| - Equally

Lucy finally started working after a week of convincing Kol. It took a lot to get him to agree to let her work.

She knew what Kol was worried about. Worried about her going into depression or an abyss maybe... Or her losing herself...

Kol knew that the pain she suffered was more than any pain he suffered. It was not even a faction of the pain he went through for a thousand years. That's why he wanted to comfort her and let her know that he is there...

Not that's a fact that doesn't need to be said to Lucy. Lucy knows that already. She knows it a little too well. 

But she somehow feels that she doesn't show him how much she loves him and how far she is willing to go for him.

She feels that he's always there for her, but never really got a chance to be there for him. 

He gave her kids, family, love, care, affection, trust, and just about everything in the world. All the things and feelings she ever wanted.

She felt as though he was giving her too much, while she gave too less.

Which was not true.

Kol got just the same amount of efforts and love from Lucy's side. 

She was the first person, who believed in him, when no one did. She was the first person, who trusted him. He warned everyone about Silas and told them not to find Silas. No one listened. No one cared. No one believed or loved  him... Only Lucy listened, cared, believed, and loved him. She also agreed with him and tried to stop the others from bringing Silas. But who the hell listened? (A/n - If only they had listened to Kol, who's an expert in magic and has a thousand years of knowledge in it... *smh*)

She gave him kids, family, and love. Even gave him magic!

She gave him things and feelings that he never got before. He never fell in love, before meeting her. He never had a real family, before meeting her. He was a homicidal manic, before he met her.

He never felt his heart beat the way it did, when he looks at her. 

It stops for her... It beats for her... It skips for her... It calls for her and aches for her...

This never happened to him before...

Lucy felt those same things for her ex lover too. But with Kol... It was different. Her feelings were stronger for Kol than they were for Avon. It was the kind of love that would make her go insane or make her burn the world down, if she lost Kol.

Maybe that's what love is... When you feel things. When you care for someone so much that you begin to feel their pain and happiness. You become willing to die for them, kill for them, and burn for them.