|14| - Dance

Cole knocked on Lizzie's door and waited for Lizzie to come out of her room. He nervously tapped his toes on the floor. He going to ask her out for the dance.

Lizzie opened the door. "Hey. Need something?"

"Are you busy?"

"No. Why?"

"Come with me." Cole took her to the lake.

The lake was decorated with lights, roses, and candles. Lizzie smiled seeing the decorations. 

"You did this?" Lizzie asked him with a smile as she touched the flowers.

Cole nodded. "I did. You like it?"

"Obviously!" Lizzie giggled, causing Cole to smile at her.

He took both of her hand in his. Lizzie looked at him confused. They both locked eyes.

Cole took out a rose from his jacket's pocket. He sucked in air and started, "Elizabeth Saltzman, I love you." Lizzie's eyes widened, as her cheeks started to turn red. "I have loved you since young. I know that I am suppose to be a brother figure to y-"

Cole got cut off by Lizzie, who kissed his lips. Cole's eyes widened in shocked. But when he saw her eyes closed as she kissed him, he closed his eyes too and kissed her back.

Lizzie smiled, when he kissed her back. Lizzie pulled back a little, to look at him. She blushed seeing him smile. 

Cole leaned in to kiss her lips. Lizzie placed her arms around his neck as she kissed him back. Cole circled his arms around her waist.

After a while, they pulled back to breathe. Both of them had smiles on their faces.

"I never thought of you as my sister."

"I never thought of you as a brother." Lizzie smiled and said, "I love you."

Cole grinned at her words. "It feels good to hear that."

"I love you." She repeated again with a smile.

"I love you too." Cole said with a smile. Then Cole remembered. "Oh. I wanted to ask you, if you would like to be my date to the dance?"

Lizzie nodded. "Yes. I would love to."

"And, would you like to date me?" 

"Hmm... I don't know." Lizzie teased him. 

Cole smiled and cupped her face. "Date me."

"Ok!" Lizzie said with a grin.

Cole pulled her into a hug and kissed her head.