|40| - Text

After the eventful dinner, Kol and the others went home without Lucy, who was... Well, who knows where. But Kol was so engulfed in the disappointment Niklaus had left him with, that he didn't even notice when Lucy came back. Which, by the way, was one day later.

He didn't know how to explain his disappointment. He didn't know whether to even feel disappointment. He only asked himself why he had hope in Niklaus in the first place.

"Kol?" Lucy waved her hand in front of Kol's face, who was in a daze, while sitting at the edge of the bed.

"Hmm?" He snapped out of his trance and looked at her.

"What happened? How long have you been sitting like this?" She handed him a glass of water from the side table. He took it and drank in all in one go. "Easy there, you will choke on the water."

Kol placed the glass on the bed and hugged Lucy's waist tightly. She placed one of her hands on the side of his, caressing gently, while her other hand was caressing his back.

She knew he was sad and that she should have been there on time. But she got swept in her own problems. The kind that can't wait.

"Sorry for being late, I-"

"You are here and you will never hurt me, that's all that matters." He whispered.

Lucy pressed her lips into a weak smile. "Hmm..."

Kol pulled away from the hug and pulled Lucy onto his lap, hugging in a koala position. His face was buried in the nape of her neck, while she laid her head on top of his. This was their favourite position.

Kol tiled his head up, kissing Lucy's lips softly. His one hand traveled up to the back of her head and the other hand was on her back, pulling her into a kiss that was gradually getting rough and messy.

Lucy moaned between the kiss and soon her body started to move on by itself, embracing him and his feelings.

Kol pulled Lucy's light yellow, full sleeves, skin tight crop top over her head, before undoing his tie and shirt.

They both were panting, while looking into each other's eyes with love. He tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear, while feeling the urge to kiss her hard again. Looking down at her neck, he kissed her neck, making his way up to her earlobe, where he bit softly, teasing her and making her sigh in satisfaction.

Kol's finger tips traveled down from her collarbone to her waist, slowly, making her quiver in pleasure.

She groaned, before pulling away from him. "Oh, I have a different plan for you, baby."

He smiled, seeing her playful smirk.

...

Lucy was making pancakes, while eating a chocolate bar with waffles. She groaned feeling pit in her stomach.

"This is why you are not supposed to have chocolates first thing in the morning." Kol told her, grabbing her chocolate and having it for himself. Lucy growled at him with a hostile expression. Kol's eyes widened in shock.

Lucy relaxed her face seeing his shocked expression. "I-I am sorry." Lucy sighed, touching her head.

"Are you alright?" He asked her, holding her free hand.

"Yeah." She replied with a small smile. "Just feel like something is wrong." She muttered under her breath.

"Hmm?"

"Nothing."

"Cole, you better have a pretty corsage for me!" Lizzie says as she walks into the kitchen with Cole walking behind her. "Good morning, Mommy and Uncle Kol!"

"Good morning, Mom and Dad!"

"Good morning!" The couple greeted.

"I already have it ready." Cole tells Lizzie, grabbing an apple and taking a bite.

Lizzie's eyes lit up. "Really?! How does it look? What color is it? What flower is it? Or is it flowers?"

"How would it be a surprise if I tell you?"

"Oh, come on! Just a small detail of the colour would help me choose a dress for the prom!"

"It's a color that goes with any dress. And I want you to choose a dress you like. Not the one that is restricted to a certain color." Cole reasoned causing her to puff her cheeks in anger. That anger faded fairly quick when tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear causing her to turn red. "We will also get a chance to see if I know you well or not." Cole whispered in Lizzie's ear with a deep voice.

Kol and Lucy smirked in amusement, seeing the teen couple. "That's my son!" Kol whispered to Lucy. "Nope, he's our son."

"He got those flirting, smooth moves from me, though."

Lucy shook her head with a smile. "Prom is going to be a big success this year."

"Why? What's so special?" Kim asked after greeting everyone with Laura.

"This year, we will have a special guest joining us."

"If it's Uncle Abaddon, then it's no surprise." Laura says, grabbing a plate for herself and others.

"Oh, it's not Abaddon."

"Then who? And speaking of Uncle Abaddon, we haven't seen him for a while. Where is he?" Laura asked cautiously.

"He is going though something and needs time to himself."

Laura and Kim raised their eyebrows. "So, our ball of knowledge has gone to depression and stress land?"

"Well-" As Lucy was about to say something, Kol cut her off. "Of course, he has! His poor angelic heart is broken."

"Don't make fun of his situation." Lucy says.

"I am not making fun. I am stating the obvious, darling." Kol says, kissing her cheek.

"Yeah, yeah. Ok! Hurry and finish eating! Josie left early, so don't wait for her. I am also leaving eary because I have a meeting with potential investors this morning." Lucy kissed all the kids' cheeks before kissing Kol's lips. "Bye, babies! Bye, Hubby!"

"Bye! And good luck!"

Kol was eating with the kids, when he suddenly received a text on his phone.

Merry belated Christmas! Wish you a very happy holidays and New Year!

- MAYA