Chapter 13

I ran out of the room to go find Willie. As soon as I find him, I grab him and take him aside.

"Where is he?!" I ask.

"Who, Reggie?" He asks.

"Caleb." I answer.

"I-I don't know."

"Find him, then. And when you do, tell him we need to talk." I order. He nods his head and teleports out.

I walk back to my room and sigh. I wish I could change everything. None of this should have happened. I should have just went back to heaven. That way, the boys could be happy.

"Looking for me?" I turn around and see the monster himself.

"Why did you do this?" I ask.

"Do what?" He asks.

"Stop with the tricks, Caleb! Why did you take control of me and ruin my relationships?"

"I'm sorry, but I don't recall ever controlling anything. The only thing I did was give you the power of ownership." He grins.

"Then take it back! Take everything back! I don't want to be apart of this anymore!" I yell.

"Where else would you go?" He asks.

"Back to my family or-"

"Family? Do you think they'd actually want that?"

"They're trying to bring me back now. Why-"

"Yet, they never paid attention to you even before you were an owner. And once you got to be a step ahead of them, they try to change you." He says.

"They always paid attention."

"Really? Even after that song you wrote based on your life with them?"

"What song?" He blows dust in my face as I teleport into a different place. I look around and notice it's the stage they practiced on when Bobby's parents owned one.

Flashback-

"Luke! Wait for me!" I shout as I run into the building. They start setting their stuff up as I enter.

"Alright boys, let's go from the top!" He shouts.

"Wait, I need to get my mic-"

"Emma, what are you doing?" He asks.

"Setting up to sing Now or Never." I say.

"Why? This is our song."

"B-But I wrote it. I thought you said-"

"I didn't say anything. Just go to the side and watch!" He yells.

"I'm part of the band, though-"

"No you're not! You're just a helper! We don't really need you!" He shouts. I gasp and look at the other boys. They just look down and say nothing.

I throw the microphone to the floor and run out. I go to the alley next to the building and sit down. I sob into my hands after realizing what he just said. You know what? Forget them! I can make my own music! I run back home and grab my notebook. And I know exactly what to write.

Guess we all are born with parts to play
Some of us are stars, and some are just in the way
I know I was meant for glory
But that's never what my story brings

And yet I keep on waiting
When you have the passion and the drive
You expect your moment center stage to arrive
I show up with heart a blazing
Ready to achieve amazing things
But I'm left waiting in the wings
I hear my cue

And yet I'm kept there, waiting
Know what to do
And still I stand there, waiting
It's always someone else who sings
While I'm left waiting in the wings
And so I keep on keeping on

My chances come and then I blink and they're gone
Always overlooked unfairly
While pretending that it barely stings
But it stings, yes it stings
And I'll shed no tears

I'll only keep on waiting
If no one cheers
Well, I can keep on waiting
Who cares how loud
The silence rings
You'll find me waiting in the wings

End of flashback

After seeing my past, I get teleported back to the club.

"And you thought they cared." Caleb chuckles.

"That was the past. They care right now!" I yell.

"Do they? Last I recalled, they replaced you for that Julie girl." Julie. I forgot about her.

"Wow, I guess you're right." I whisper.

"See? That's why I think you should continue being the owner here. This place is perfect for you! Here, everyone loves who you are. And more importantly, they won't give up on you!"

"I guess I underestimated you, again. I'll stay, then. However, I'm not giving up on that task of yours just yet. I think it's time I take things up a notch." I chuckle as Caleb joins. He then teleports out, and back to wherever he was.

Well, I guess it's time for my next plan.

And it deals with a former friend of mine.

Hey everyone! Quick thing, if anyone is confused... Caleb is not returning for good. It was just so Emma could talk to him. I know it is probably noticeable but just in case I made it confusing... he's just back for this chapter. Not for good.

Anyways, have a good day!