Chapter 20

I head back to my room after interacting with Julie. I go to the mirror and tap it to turn it on. Let's see if these boys are planning on showing up soon. I see Luke start walking back and forth in the studio.

"Luke, wait-"

"What, Reggie?!" Luke shouts.

"Look, I understand Julie is still gone. But we can't just barge into the club and expect things to be okay!" He's got a point!

"I know, I know. It's just- Emma has taken this too far!"

"But she's likely doing this to bring us back." Alex explains.

"Why? Caleb isn't there anymore! What's the big deal-"

"Do you ever think that maybe she wants us to be together again?!" Reggie shouts before putting his head down and sighs.

"I'm sorry, Reg. I know this has been really hard on you too." Luke sighs.

"What can we do? Like Reggie said, we can't just barge in and expect Julie to get let go." Alex says.

"We'll just have to do whatever it takes to bring her back." Luke says.

"But what about Emma?" Reggie asks.

"We can't do anything at this point. It's too late."

"N-No it's not. We can bring her back-"

"But will she ever be the Emma we know again?" Luke asks.

Reggie sighs and walks out of the room. How unfortunate that the majority of the band gave up on her already. I wave my hand at the mirror to switch over to Reggie. He walks over to the end of the curb and sits down. He puts his head down and starts to cry. Oh my gosh. I don't think I've ever seen Reggie this hurt. If only I could talk to him. But I can't. I get ready to see what the other boys are doing until I hear Reggie start singing.

A million thoughts in my head

Should I let my heart keep listening?

I know it's time to say goodbye

So hard to let go...

I see a tear falling down his face before going back to Luke and Alex. Wow. I wonder if he knew about the song I sang before Alex showed up. Ah! I can't keep thinking about this! I have to stick to my plan! Luke starts pacing around the studio.

"So how do you expect us to just show up out of nowhere and get Julie?" Alex asks.

"I-I don't know, man! If we're lucky enough, maybe Emma will be distracted with the crowd." Luke says. Reggie slowly walks back in and sighs. "Hey, are you doing okay?"

"Y-Yeah. I just needed a little break from everything." Reggie says.

"I don't blame you. But everything will be okay, I promise."

"Right. Anyways, what's the plan?" He asks.

"Alright, so I'm thinking we sneak through the entrance. But we should try to blend with the crowd, that way we're not noticed. Then, we'll make sure Emma isn't anywhere to be found. And we'll just have to search everywhere to find Julie."

"And you're sure this is going to work?" Alex asks.

"Positive! There's no way Emma will be able to find out we're there!"

"Oh really?" I ask as I teleport into the studio. They all turn around and gasp as they see me on the piano. "Aww, and to think that would have been such an amazing plan! Oh well, too late for that, I guess!" I chuckle.

"What are you doing here?" Luke asks as he steps forward. The other two hold him back before he takes another step.

"Ouch, I miss you too! I just wanted to inform you that your plan won't work. I mean, if you really wanted to see Julie again, you could have just asked!"

"We know that this is just another one of your plans. You're not going to just easily give her back!" Alex says.

"Well look at you, smart boys! You're right, I won't bring her back that easily. There must be something done before in order for anything to happen." I say.

"And that is?" Reggie asks.

"You boys are performing at the club again!" 

"No, no, no. We are not falling for that again!" Luke yells.

"Yeah, and you can't make us!" Alex says.

"Not even to save your little friend?" I smirk.

"Fine, we'll do it!" Reggie sighs.

"Reg!" Alex and Luke shout.

"What other choice do we have?"

"He's got a point. Besides, you three are stamped. So it's not like you can turn back, anyways." I chuckle. "And didn't Caleb teach you the first time?"

"What do you mean?" Alex asks.

"You think you have the solution to be 'finally free'. But here's the thing, boys. No one really knows what's waiting on the other side." They all look at each other with wide eyes. "But I know what's waiting on this side." I kiss my hand and blow purple dust at them. In an instant, they disappear as I laugh.

Ah, the moment we've all been waiting for!

Sunset Curve has finally reunited!

And just the way I wanted!