Chapter 21

After a few minutes of me arriving backstage, the boys finally teleport in.

"There you boys are! I was so worried something bad happened! Anyways, you all look nice!" I say. They all look down and realize what they're wearing. "Look familiar?" I smirk.

"T-These were our outfits-"

"When Caleb brought us all back to perform with him? Correcto! I think it's good to relive the moment, don't you think?" I ask.

"Why did you have to do this? This was when we started losing you." Luke says.

"You didn't lose me, Luke." I sigh. "You lost your sister. Now, you can see how it really feels to be controlled. Not just by magic, but by your feelings as well."

"Emma, this isn't the real you." Reggie whispers.

"You can say that as many times as you want. I'm never going to believe it." Before I say anything else, the crowd goes wild. "Do you hear that? They're cheering for you! Something you've always wanted! Oh, and before we go, you don't know if Julie is your chance of being free from this place. Are you really going to try and leave, just to risk it all? I suggest you stay here until those stamps disappear. But, who am I to tell? I can only request."

"We'll do whatever it takes just to get her out." Alex says.

"Well, in that case, I think that you boys should forget about Julie and the Phantoms. And consider joining my band." I chuckle before seeing their reactions. They all look as pale as a ghost. "What's wrong boys? You look a little scared." I chuckle again as I walk backwards and towards the stage. "Don't be. I mean, what do you have to lose?" I grab my microphone and begin to sing.

You know you wanna take a chance and be a little bit bad

Ain't nothing quite like living on the edge, so get ready to go

I'm chasing down a thrill, and lookin' fit to kill

So listen to the words a wise man said

He said, "Covington, I got an offer that you can't refuse"

I turn towards the crowd and start singing again.

Ha!

You got nothing to lose, boys

Lose, lose, lose

You got nothing to lose, boys

Lose, lose, lose

You got nothing to lose

Welcome to my stage, boys

You know you want a little taste

Life's short, not a minute to waste

I'll take you higher than you've ever been

So come over and tell me how you'd like to begin

You got nothing to lose, boys

Lose, lose, lose

You got nothing to lose, boys

Lose, lose, lose

You got nothing to lose

Before anyone could take another step, I brought Alex to the stage with his drums.

Alex, show me what you've got

Next up, Reggie.

Reggie, swing it, baby

Ah, this one will be exciting.

Now Luke, yeah

Luke kept fighting and teleporting back off. But he's not that strong of a ghost.

You and me

How do you like my new band?

You got nothing to lose

So come over here, baby

I got what you need

Let yourself go crazy

All bets on me, it's electrifying

From your hat to your shoes

I feel it in the air

We got nothing to lose, nothing to lose, yeah

I take my final bow as the boys teleport off. Before they could try and find Julie, I teleport to them.

"What's the rush, boys? You just finished your performance, after all. Don't you want to talk to the crowd?" I ask.

"We don't need to see the crowd. We did our part of the deal. Now, where's Julie?" Luke asks.

"So defensive! And what, over a girl who you only met through your death? Wow, how tragic that you cared about her more than your sister." I sigh.

"I-It-"

"Whatever!" I roll my eyes and wave my hand. In an instant, Julie appears in front of them. "You can have her back. Have a nice day!"

"Emma, wait-"

"Look, I'm not here to play the sorry card. I don't care what you all think of me anymore! I am who I am, and you can't stop that! Enjoy your life without your old bandmate, because she will never come back on this planet ever again!" I shout before teleporting back to my room. I run over to my desk and throw every notebook and picture there is. After everything that's happened, they still chose her?! Wow, such a great family! Fine! If they want to be that way, so be it!

Besides, it's not like that stamp will come off any sooner.