Chapter 3

Izzy's POV

Five days later

At school Friday I don't talk to Maddie. I leave without two words to her all day long and I don't stop when she yells my name across the parking lot.

"IZZY NICOLE CHAMBERLAIN!" She yells as I get into my car and cover my eyes in sunglasses before pulling out as fast as I can. I just want to be alone, and I know why.

I called my doctor and went for a checkup yesterday. I lied about how I've been feeling, enough to where I'm on antidepressant drugs. And I filled the prescription yesterday afterward, according to the internet eleven pills kill a full-grown man, and I've got at least twenty in the bottle for my social anxiety and depression. What a joke.

Enough to make the pain stop.

I drive back to my dads' house with the plan set in stone when I park in the garage and see his car here. Along with all his bodyguards here. What?

"Dad?" I ask opening the back door to see him with Kimberly sitting on his lap in the dining room as they laugh. She's holding his arm and he's smiling as they talk. And I look around seeing the bodyguards that follow him everywhere. Since his company expanded all over the United States he's rich, and he's trying to protect himself, which I understand. But sometimes when he's home it's too much.

"Oh, you're here" I immediately mumble under my breath seeing her face. "Izzy! How are you?" She asks as I walk into the kitchen and grab a bottle of water along with the cut-up strawberries I prepared yesterday.

"Wonderful as always so good to see you, Kim. How long has it been since the last time? A month and a half right dad? Maybe longer?" I ask looking over at him throwing daggers into his head as he sighs and rolls his eyes. He knows I'm taking a shot at his huge ass ego.

"Well Iz, that's why we came back and were waiting on you. Kim and I have some news, and we're going to be around a lot more now." He tells me as I feel my eyebrows come together with worry. This can't be good.

"What news?" I ask crossing my arms on my chest and squaring my shoulders. This better not be that they're buying a new house or something even worse.

"We're pregnant," he tells me as my heart implodes and I feel my gut hit my ass. How can they be pregnant? And Kim is smiling as big as she can the whole time.

 Pregnant? 

How can she be-, they're replacing me.

"Pregnant?" I ask him. He nods smiling as he pulls Kimberly to his side and rubs her belly in his hand. She places hers on his and interlock their fingers as they both smile widely.

"I know it's not ideal, but Izzy we hope you can be happy for us," Kimberly tells me as I close my open jaw.

"Happy for you?" I ask breathlessly. Happy? For them? The woman who took away my father. I feel replaced. I feel like he wants to replace me. With a new perfect version of what he wanted, a new child to start his life over with and forget that I ever existed. A new daughter. A new son. A child who's not fucked up, a child he could have with Kimberly. The kid he never got, the perfect one.

"Izzy, we talked about this before telling you but we don't want you to be upset or feel uncomfortable." He tells me as I look up at the man that ruined my life. He doesn't even realize what he's done to me.

"Upset? Of course, I'm upset! How could you! She's two maybe three years older than me at the most! And you're fucking her! Fucking her! That level is so wrong! You just had to fuck the desk intern didn't you and forget I existed? I'm over this, all this shit. What you put me through, what mom puts me through. Did you ever stop and think for a second that instead of fucking you could have actually loved your daughter? Money doesn't buy my happiness! I wanted a dad! I wanted you to be there for me when I got my heart broke and when I went through milestones that every little girl wants to have her dad for! And when I became twelve you left me alone! Alone!" I shout at him with tears in my eyes.