Chapter 24

Lance's POV

The time I get off my flight I pin Izzy's location from her phone number. That brings me to an apartment building and I con my way into finding out what room she's in when I lie about being her boyfriend to the first woman I see in the lobby. I'm standing in the hallway holding my bags when I knock on her door.

I don't expect her to open the door so fast but she does and when she does I feel like my heart hits my ass. She looks beautiful, more beautiful. Her face pales as she looks at me, and that's when I look down and see her stomach.

She's-, pregnant. She's in a relationship, she has to be.

"Izzy," I whisper out looking at her. "What are you-, what are you doing here?" She asks as she looks down at her belly on display and then back at me.

"We need to talk. I needed to see you." I tell her as she looks down at my bags. I make her invite me in as I push through and drop my bags beside her door. I just want to talk to her, that's it. No matter how beautiful she is.

"It's good to see you." She whispers as I walk up to her. I grab her into my arms before she can stop me and hug her. I wrap my arms around her neck as she moves her hands to my back and we hug each other as tightly as we can.

"I missed you." She whispers softly shocking me as I pull away and look down at her. "I guess my secrets out now? You can't tell anyone Lance, Maddie is the only one that knows I didn't get an abortion. Her names Emerson Mae, Emmy." She tells me smiling she reaches down rubbing her belly. She looks happy, she really does. And I'm glad to know she is, even if she lied.

"Why didn't you tell me you did?" I ask her as she sighs. "My dad told me I had to get one or he'd stop taking care of me basically. So I had to get out while I still was small. She's seven months now." She tells me looking down.

"I know I lied to you. But you deserve so much better than a teen that's pregnant and Lance I know you are so happy now. How are you?" She asks.

"I'm fine. Izzy, you could have told me. I'd have claimed her as mine if you were worried about it. You know I would have." I tell her as she sighs.

"But that's not your fault and I left. I wanted you to happy. You're happy right? You have a-, a friend now?" She asks sitting me down at her barstools as she sits next to me.

"I have a girlfriend yes," I tell her as she nods. "But I don't love her the way I fucking loved you. I can't because the last time I loved a girl she left and I need to know why so I can move on." I tell her as she sighs.

"I was pregnant Lance it wasn't you." She tells me reaching over to hold my hand in hers. "Bullshit. Why did you leave?" I ask glaring at her.

"College, to raise a baby, to get away from my dad. That suit you?" She asks as I shake my head no.

"Answer me. Why wasn't I good enough? I loved you, Izzy. I loved you with everything in me and now I have this woman, who'd be fucking perfect if I could be more than just in like with her. Why did you do this to me?" I ask her as she starts.

"You don't think you hurt me, Lance? I loved you! And you broke my heart in half! I wasn't okay for a long time because of that! You can't just walk in here and demand an explanation after months of us not talking. We fucked that's it." She spits out with tears in her eyes as she walks off.

"Don't you walk away from me. Is there someone else?" I ask her as I open the bedroom door she just closed. I lose side track when I see the crib, toys, changing station, and all the baby diapers and clothes, she really is having a baby.