Chapter 17

Lance's POV

It's five in the morning when I hit the gym for today. It's empty, not that I'm surprised since it's so early and I'm usually training alone. I train for a solid two hours before anyone shows up, the first person is my dad.

"Hey," he tells me coming to sit beside me as I'm changing my shoes from showering. I'm done for right now, but after school, I'll be back, then to baseball practice, and probably back again. All I like to do is train, every day that's all I do.

"Hey old man," I tell him slipping on my shoe. "How long have you been here?" He asks leaning onto his knees.

"Two hours. I'm going to school now, and I'll probably go see mom before I come back." I tell him as he nods. "That's kind of what I need to talk to you about." He tells me sitting up.

"Your mom and I have been talking". He tells me as I sigh. This is never good. "About me?" I ask him as he nods.

"The gym. I love doing this, but we're not getting any younger and if something was to happen, we need someone to take over the gym. You're eighteen now, and I know you'd take care of this place as I do. Lance your name is getting put on the license for the gym. After you complete your personal training certification it's yours. Of course, Kurt's going to have part of it but he doesn't give a shit he wants to go crazy when he graduates." He tells me as I laugh. He's right.

"Thanks, old man. I'm taking my test the day after graduation actually before I go off to school." I tell him as he nods.

"I still don't want you to leave. Why California?" He asks holding his hands close together.

"Because it's where Izzy is," I tell him as he sighs. "Lance you can't follow that girl to the end of the earth. Has she contacted you?" He asks as I sigh and shake my head no. She hasn't yet.

"Then why would you change your whole world for this? You've got scholarships here Lance, you don't even have to go to college if that's not what you want to do. I want you to be happy, I really do. But how do you know-, what if you get there and she's moved on? Or if she doesn't want a relationship? Then you are stuck across the country for a semester." He tells me as I nod. He's right. Maybe I should just cut my losses and move on, it's not like she's coming back anytime soon.

"Dad I know. But I just-, she's the one." I tell him as he sighs. "How do you know that?" He asks.

"Because she's just it. I love her, I'd marry her in a few years, she makes me happy, and when we were together it just felt right." I tell him.

"Lance you're young. You've never even really dated anyone else. All I'm saying is at least try to really know if she's it before moving across the country for her." He tells me as I nod.

"I'll try," I tell him back as he rubs my shoulder. "Good. I'm proud of you. I have to find LL and Carter, he's got a fight tomorrow." He tells me as I nod.

"You know he's with Maddie right?" I ask him as he laughs. He has to know, Maddie's been mysteriously not coming home and I wanted to know after what Kurt me a few weeks ago, sure enough, I followed her one night and she went straight to Lexington's house. She locked her car and ran up the steps jumping onto his waist before kissing him and I have an idea of what happened next before I drove off.

"No, they aren't. He touches her and I'll kill his ass." He tells me as I laugh. "Ask them," I tell him standing up and leaving. I might have just blown that a little too much.

___

I'm running late for baseball practice after leaving my house when I'm hauling ass to the field. I'm speeding, and I know I am but what I don't expect is to be fucking  rear-ended at the stop sign.