Chapter 12

*this is how I'd imagine Izzy's bump right now! Along with her outfit! Credit to Pinterest! I do not own the photo!*

Three months later

Izzy's POV

My body is killing me. I've hit six months pregnant today, my little Emerson is a big mess. She's so active all night long that during the day I'm exhausted. I'm in my apartment building hauling out the trash along with the big boxes leftover from me buying all of Emmy's items. I've bought her crib and set it up myself which I am so proud of, and I've managed to get my life together right now.

Who knew part-time college, a single bedroom apartment, and a whole lot of time to myself would fix me? But it has been the best thing possible for me, my mental health, the health of my little girl, it's the best it could be.

And I'm happy.

I'm happy. I'm happy living in a small little apartment with Gary, and I'm happy pregnant. The only thing that brings me sadness is missing Maddie, or when I miss Lance. I've wondered about him for a few months and I've even made a fake profile on Instagram and so I could stalk his Instagram and make sure he's okay. I signed out right after and deleted the account, I just wanted to make sure he was okay.

I still talk to Maddie, usually every few days, and I'm so happy she's happy with school. I wish I could have been there for her when she and Paxton surprisingly broke up, but she just told me he wasn't the same anymore and he'd changed into someone she didn't understand. But I know she feels better now.

I'm in the process of carrying the boxes out when I dump them into the trash. I hold my stomach when I push the trash over and sigh when I accomplish my task for the day. I see the moving truck come in and my noisy little eyes get the best of me when I see someone moving into the apartment complex.

I walk back to the front and hold the door for a moving man when I walk in. I take the elevator up to my floor and I'm about to open my door when I see that the person moving in is on my floor.

I don't mind, the little old cat lady next to me is a psychic that works out of her apartment and the other side of me is a school teacher that's in her early thirties. I got my job at the flower shop and after a month I became the full-time manager and I'm on a salary now, one that pays my bills and even the loans I had taken out. I'm finally okay.

That's before I see a young guy walking out of the apartment. He can't be much older than me, and he's tall, dark, and handsome. I see a young girl walk out who is also beautiful with him and smile, they're moving in together.

"Hi!" The girl starts as I smile back holding my big belly in place so Emmy doesn't wake up and start kicking my bladder again. "Hi, I'm Izzy, you are?" I ask her.