Chapter 27

Lance's POV

I miss Izzy already. I'm riding back from the airport with Maddie and I miss Izzy already. I love that girl, and the fact that she's pregnant and alone doesn't sit right with me.

"So how was it?" She asks driving as I sit in the passenger's seat beside her. "It was good," I tell her as she looks over at me.

"You look happy again." She tells me as I smile under my breath. "Maddie I love her. I love her so fucking much." I tell her as she smiles.

"You better not hurt my best friend again. I'm not worried about her breaking your heart because she's utterly in love with you but you better not hurt her Lance. Or my little niece for that matter." She tells me as I nod.

"I'm pissed you didn't tell me she was pregnant," I tell her as she sighs. "Look, I was sworn to secrecy and it's not my business. Plus the sperm donor wanted her to abort her baby and she refused. Leaving and not telling anybody was the best she could have done." She defends.

"I know but still. The girl I was with for months and you didn't tell me." I add as she rolls her eyes.

"Whatever I'm sure you had enough makeup sex that's it's fine. And I'm glad you didn't choose your little girlfriend because I got some tea on her. Ask her about a guy named Cody Reynolds the next time you speak to her. I liked her until then, thank Lexington's resources." She tells me as I pale.

"What?" I ask as she nods. "Ask her I'm not telling you." She insists on driving home as I'm quiet and I know the first thing I'm doing when I get back.

___

I beat on Charlotte's door until she opens it. "What a surprise he's alive?" She asks immediately.

"How long were you cheating on me? When I fucked you, you were cheating on me then weren't you?" I ask her as she stills. "Lance what the fuck kind of accusation is that?!!" She yells back as I laugh.

"Who is Cody Reynolds?" I ask her as she pales again.

"Who told you that?" She asks backing up. She makes me get into her apartment before she locks the door. "Let me explain." She starts.

"No. First the sex talker, now you were cheating on me, I'm so glad I broke up with you." I tell her.

"We aren't broke up Lance you texted me that you still loved her! Not that you wanted to break up." She yells at me.

"We are. I'm done with you. You're fucking cheating!" I yell at her.

"I didn't cheat on you! I made a mistake when I was younger and that guy, he haunted me for years. He was my first real boyfriend and it made me go off the fucking rails when I found out he was doing drugs. I wanted to be like him and keep him happy so I had a habit for a year, and I had a drug overdose and ended up in the hospital. He got caught and he was a major drug ward, he's in jail for fourth years!" She yells stunning me.

"Do you go see him?" I ask her. "Yes. I do but it's not like that! We don't, it's not like that Lance!" She yells.

"Did you fuck him recently on a conjugal visit? Or maybe sucked him off?" I ask her yelling.

"Once okay, we had sex once. But it's over, it wasn't when I was with you! It was two months before!" She yells.

"You love him?" I ask her as she sighs. "Lance I love you." She tells me trying to come to me as I push her away.

"That's not what I asked. Do you love him?" I ask her as she sighs. "I love you, Lance. I love you like the guy who has helped me so much. But I loved him when I wasn't okay, I was high and it wasn't a good time in my life. When he got caught and I got sober I just needed the attention and he sure as hell didn't have anyone else in prison so I was there for him and because I needed it. But I don't want him anymore, Lance I want you. I haven't talked to him since you came into my life and Lance I love you." She tells me.