Chapter 9

Izzy's POV

I'm not fucking dead. Why am I not fucking dead?

I groan feeling a headache and immediately squirm in pain. I'm so angry. I can't even fucking kill myself. Why can't I even fucking kill myself?

I slowly open my eyes and feel odd pain in my throat as I look down at my body. I'm in a hospital gown with all kinds of IV lines hanging out of my hands. I look down at my body and reach for my stomach feeling it.

I wonder if it's still there.

I squirm under the covers covering my face when the nurse walks in. "Hi sweetie my name is Julie I've been your nurse for a few days." she knocks before entering. "Can you tell me your name and birthday honey?" she asks.

"Izzy Chamberlin, February 21st," I tell her rubbing my eyes.

"How are you feeling?" she asks. "Awful. Why didn't I die? Who found me?" I ask rubbing my head as she checks my pulse and heart monitor.

"A young guy ran you in. Honey, you're not okay, you took half the bottle of antidepressants," she tells me.

"I know I did. I want to die. Kill me, I won't tell anyone" I tell her as she sighs. "Nope, I'm saving your life. We pumped out your stomach thankfully you'd only absorbed three of the pills since you didn't drink much water. Be lucky since you did it with a little food in your stomach." She tells me as I roll my eyes.

"If you want my opinion there's no point in trying to kill yourself, honey. That boy that's been in the ER for hours loves you with his whole heart and I've taken from the family that your best friend is the sister. Seems they love you." she tells me as I laugh.

"They don't fucking love me. I'm pregnant and a mess" I tell her as she sighs.

"Good thing your baby is fine, you can fix your relationship with all of them. Do you want any visitors? Your father and stepmother are outside with the boyfriend I presume?" She asks. It's still alive, the baby, how in the world did that little thing survive?

"I don't care. Just one at the time. I can't deal with all the talking" I tell her as she nods and leaves me alone. I lay back on the bed and close my eyes before the door opens. The first person that walks in isn't my dad, it's Lance.

"Hey" he whispers quickening his pace to me and wrapping his arms around my body before I can protest. He holds me in his arms and kisses my neck while I rub his back in my hand.

"I was so worried about you Iz" he whispers into my hair. "You shouldn't have been. I was okay." I whisper back closing my eyes and laying into his strong neck muscles.

"No, you weren't. Izzy, you were fucking dead. You can't do that shit to me. You can't." he tells me rubbing my hair in his hand.

"I wanted it. Why didn't you let it happen? I know it was you who came and got me" I tell him as he shakes his head no.

"You really send me that text message and won't answer my calls and I'm coming to find you, Izzy. I love you, and I hate seeing you this way" he tells me pulling away to sit beside me and pull my body into his chest. He kisses my forehead while rubbing my belly as I almost cry into his shoulder right then.

"I can't help it. I don't know what's wrong with me" I whisper. "We'll get you counseling and help Iz, this can't happen again baby. Not to me, and Maddie she's out there still upset." He tells me as I fumble with my fingernails.

"Is she still really mad?" I whisper under my breath. "Yeah, it's rough" he whispers back as I sigh.

"How did your mom-, did she-does she hate me?" I stumble over my words. "She doesn't hate you, I think she's just shocked at his point with everything," he tells me back.