Chapter 29

Izzy's POV

I'm so nervous I can't stand it. I haven't talked to Mrs. Rutledge or Jaxton, or Kurt, or anyone else since I've left. And now, Lance is holding my hand in his as we walk up the steps to the house that was my home for years.

"I'm so worried" I whisper out rubbing my belly. Lance and I spent all night in the hotel room together, but now it's the morning and he came back to change clothes. I'm in my maternity leggings and an oversized cardigan with a tank top and white sneakers.

His parents don't even know I'm here, they don't even know I'm pregnant. I'm huge, and I'm not necessarily hiding it well, which is why I don't plan on going anywhere but here.

"Don't be. My mom will understand. I promise you." he tells me kissing my head as I nod and rub his hand. He opens the front door before pulling it open and walking me through the house. I stop when I hear her voice talking to Jaxton.

I'm freaking out when I hold Lance's big arm for support. When he walks around the corner he starts, "Mom" he tells her as she turns and sees me holding Lance's arm and leaning near his elbow because of our height difference. Jaxton is standing next to hear when he turns and immediately looks at my belly.

"Izzy?" she whispers as I tense with tears and stare at her. "Mom, Izzy's here," he tells her when he reaches down and touches my belly as she sees it, and her tears start.

"Hi. I- umm, I wasn't honest with you, I didn't get an abortion. Lance and I have been talking again, and we've decided to try dating again. I came here to see him and Maddie, but I wanted to see you both as well and thank you for taking care of me for so many years. And maybe fix the relationship I broke" I tell them as they stand in shock.

"Izzy honey" Mrs. Rutledge whispers as I stand there quietly.

"Oh my goodness, honey. You're, you didn't?" she asks in tears as I bat my own tears away and shake my head no.

"I couldn't, I think she saved me," I tell her as she wipes her tears.

"She? A little girl?" she asks as I nod.

"I'm naming her Emerson Mae, the Mae being after Maddie, her nickname is Emmy Mae," I tell her as she smiles.

"Oh my goodness honey," she tells me running over and hugging me and I'm shocked when she does and reaches down to rub my belly.

"Can we talk?" she asks as I nod and she takes my hand into the master bedroom. I sit down on the small couch as she sits next to me holding my hand.

"Honey I had no idea. I'm so sorry, I flipped when I found out and I apologize for that but you did not need to keep this from me. I support you, sweetie, I support you. I love you, Izzy, it hurt me when you up and left without calling. But I realized just how much you meant to Lance when he changed without you here. I know he loves you Izzy and if I'm being honest, you're exactly what I've wanted him to find and marry. You love him don't you?" she asks in tears as I nod.

"I really do love him. I love him so much. I can't let him go, he's my person and I love him even more for not hating my decision to be a mom." I tell her as she wipes her tears rubbing my belly.

"Emmy Mae, Izzy I-, I want to be a part of your life sweetie, I want to be a part of her life. Please let me come home" she tells me rubbing my belly.

"I can't. I love UCLA, and even though I love this house and this family, California has healed me. I know it's where I need to be until I'm fully healed. I came back because I missed Lance after he flew to see me, I had to. But I thought you'd hate me after I lied to everyone so I could get out." I tell her as she shakes her head no.