Chapter 14

Lance's POV

I'm going home to my girl. I told her in the airport I would, and I can't fucking be without Izzy anymore. I've been through three months without her and I'm losing my fucking mind. The gym didn't take it away, training didn't take away. The only thing that did was get me a scholarship to Berkel, UCLA, and Southern California. I'm taking the one from UCLA to play baseball, even though football means more to me. Because I miss Izzy.

I'm coming home from baseball training when I open the front door. Of course, Lexington is here, my uncle Carter's and dad's new fighter. Dad told us if we ever started fighting he'd personally kill us, so it's just Lexington who has started coming around. He moved from North Carolina for his construction job, a year or so ago. He's been training with my dad since my dad saw him once and knew he was a professional fighter, so we'll see how long he lasts here for good. "Hey man," I tell him walking in the back door.

"Hey, I'm waiting on Jaxton so we can go train." He tells me as I nod. "Want to come?" He asks as I laugh. Not today, I gotta pack to go see Izzy.

"Nah, I just left the gym actually. I was surprised my dad wasn't there anyway." I tell him as he nods.

"Yeah seems like the whole family is involved there." He tells me as I nod. Maddie just started working there so I know what he means.

"Yeah, Maddie's at school, but she'll be there soon," I tell him as he nods and clenches his jaw together. "She still with that fucker?" He asks as I laugh.

"I think so. Why? Jealous?" I ask as he sighs. "I don't have anything to be jealous about, she'll come to me when the times right." He tells me confidently.

"You don't know Maddie then," I tell him as he laughs. "Probably more than you think I do." He tells me as I sigh. Whatever.

"Just don't hurt her or I'll personally fuck you up. Just because my dad won't let me fight doesn't mean I don't know how to." I tell him as he laughs and then nods. My dad walks into the kitchen the next minute holding paperwork in his hands as he taps me on the shoulder.

"Sorry LL just had to get the bills for the gym straight and get the paychecks out. We'll start the new addition this week. Ready?" He asks him.

"Yeah, Lance." He tells me nodding as he walks past me with my dad. "Bye son, love you." My dad tells me as I nod and he's gone.

And time he is I'm upstairs packing my bag. Maddie's been missing Izzy, I know she has, but I miss her more. I love that girl.

I'm packing my bag when I hear Kurt's feet from his bedroom and he's walking to mine. "What the fuck are you doing?" He asks coming and sitting on my bed watching the television. He makes himself comfortable when he kicks his feet up next to my suitcase.

"What does it look like?" I ask as he sighs. "Don't tell me you're going after Izzy. Again." He adds as I nod. I'm fucking going to get her. I'm graduating early in a few months but I'm going now. I'm sick of waiting, I can't anymore.

"Lance think about this shit. You're uprooting your whole life for her when she's done nothing for you but fuck you and leave." He tells me as I stop packing at look up at him. He's-, he's right.

"What's your point?" I ask crossing my arms. "I don't think you want to know that answer. Maybe it's time to pump the breaks and look for someone else. Lance they're are plenty of girls who will willingly give you everything you want and be happy. You're you, buff and athletic, that's a good mix for pussy whenever you want it." He tells me as he smiles.

"I don't want to fuck someone just to fuck them. Unlike you, I can keep my dick in my pants." I jab at him as he grabs his chest.