Chapter 22

Lance's POV

"Can I ask why?" Charlotte asks as we pull up at her apartment complex after twenty minutes of silence.

"Just my baseball scholarship there. I don't know what I want to do anymore." I tell her as she nods. It's because of Izzy, not baseball. I have scholarships here and scholarships there, I could go anywhere.

"I thought you wanted to go there." She tells me as I sigh. "I did, but then I decided to stay and I met you and now I just don't know what to do," I tell her as she smiles softly.

"Would I change your mind if I told you I live closer to the college than your parents and you could move in with me if you wanted to?" She asks as I sigh.

"Come here," I whisper pulling her over to me across the console. I sit her on my thighs and bury my face in between her boobs as she rubs my scalp in her hands.

"You know I care about you right?" I ask her mumbling as she continues scratching my hair.

"I know you do." She tells me as I sigh and grab her hips in my hands. "But I need to go to Cali and figure out what I want to do. They have a good program for it, and there are advantages there. But my family and you are here." I tell her as she rubs my back.

"I'm biased, so I can't help you make that choice, but I'll support you in whatever you decide. When do you want to leave? And when will you come back?" She asks rubbing my hair in her hands.

"Probably next week when I get a break for a few days and then I'll be back in a week or so," I tell her as she nods into my neck.

"Thank you for tonight. Even if it ended kind of abruptly, thank you for opening up that part of your life to me." She tells me as I nod.

"Hopefully you don't run." I laugh as she laughs back and kisses my cheek. "Umm never, can I see you tomorrow?" She asks pulling away as I nod. I lean forward and kiss her as she rubs my cheeks and kisses me back. I hold her hips and lift her shirt while moving my hands to the back of her pants as I rub her back. She's kissing me back hard when I palm her breast making her bite my lip and moan into my mouth.

"Or you could stay the night" she moans pulling away as I sigh. I can't fuck her and think of Izzy, I did it before and I feel fucking guilty.

"Baby I can't. I have to train tomorrow morning." I tell her as she sighs. "Friday night? Before next week?" She asks as I sigh and nod making her happy.

"I'll get condoms. What size by the way?" She asks as I laugh. "Large," I tell her as she smiles and kisses me again.

"Okay, come on walk me to my door." She tells me pulling me out of the truck with her. I walk her to her door and kiss her again before going to pull away as she stops me.

"Lance?" She asks holding her door as she walks back up to me and kisses me again. "Yeah" I whisper as she smiles.

"Be safe. I love you." She whispers kissing me again before I can talk and walking back to her door and shutting it as I rub my lips. She-, I'm shocked.

___

I don't tell Maddie I'm going to California to get over Izzy. I don't tell Izzy I'm coming to see her and the only person that knows is my dad. He's waiting with me at the airport as he drops me off the next week.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" He asks as I nod. I'm getting over Izzy, I love her to death and I don't want to anymore, not when Charlotte is perfect, not when I have so much here that could make me happy for the rest of my life.