Chapter 19

Lance's POV

Charlotte is still asleep when my phone starts ringing again. I pull away from her and slip out of the sheets as I grab it and walk to the bathroom closing the door. I expect it to be my mom, or dad asking where I am, but it's not. It's Izzy, again.

It's still fucking early as hell.

"Izzy don't hang up." Is the first thing out of my mouth. I just want to know she's okay.

"I'm not going to hang up. I just-, how are you?" She asks shocking me as I hold the sink and wrap a towel around my waist.

"I'm doing good Iz, how's everything?" I ask her as I sit down on the toilet lid. "Okay, a lot I guess." She tells me, "Anything you want to talk about?" I ask her as she sighs. It's just good to hear her voice.

"Nope. I just was thinking about you since Maddie left and I wanted to know if you were doing okay." She tells me as I smile. That means Maddie's told her everything, including Charlotte.

"I'm okay. Could be better, but I'm okay." I tell her rubbing my forehead. "Good. How could it be better?" She asks as I laugh and the first thing pops out of my mouth without control.

"You" I immediately tell her shocking my own self. "Yeah, sure. You still have the moves, Lance Rutledge." She tells me as I smile. She might be moved on, but she'll always be my girl, I loved Izzy, and I don't think I'll ever stop loving that woman.

"Don't use them though, the only girl I want left," I tell her just to make her smile.

"I'm good now Lance. I just needed to get away and Cali has been good. I hope you understand that." She tells me as I nod.

"Yeah but I miss you so fucking much Izzy," I tell her. I do, I miss her so much. "I kind of miss you too asshole," she tells me as I laugh. It's quiet when I realize where I am, and what I just did, she has to know.

"Iz, I have to tell you something." I tell her as she cuts me off, "I know." She tells me as I sigh. Thank fuck she does and I don't have to tell her now.

"Lance-" she goes to start when I stop her this time, "Iz, I still miss you, I do. I swear I do, but she's just, I don't know. She makes me happy." I tell her smiling.

"Oh yeah," she whispers out after a few seconds almost too quickly and quietly. "Her names is Charlotte, she's a hairstylist and I know it's crazy but I really like her Iz," I tell her. She's moved on, and I hope I have too, even though I still love Izzy.

"You there?" I ask after a few seconds of silence.

"Yeah. I gotta go Lance my water pipe just busted under my sink and I have to call the landlord. I hope everything works out." She roughly tells me hanging up as I sigh and rub my head. At least she knows, at least I know she's moved on too.

I quickly text my mom and dad telling them I'm staying with one of the guys tonight and make my way back into the bedroom after putting my phone on charge beside Charlotte's half-sleeping frame. I smile at her little body holding her sheet as I lean forward and kiss her forehead.

She's the one I'm moving on with, it's her. She moves softly and I wake her up on accident as she rubs my arm in her hand. "You okay? Sore? Need anything?" I ask her as she sighs and blinks her eyes open softly as she opens her cover.

"I should probably shower our come off my thighs," She tells me as I rub her back softly.

"Most of it was on the condom and I might have licked it off," I tell her rubbing her bare back as she moves her hand to my chest and pulls me closer to her.