Dragon Call Part 2

Alexandra's point of view:

Today, I needed to sleep in. I decided I need time to wrap my head around the whole conversation I had with a dragon. Skipping breakfast, I left the castle and entered the square. Another great morning until I heard Merlin's voice. My head snapped in the direction of that bratty prince messing with Merlin. With the original plan to get Gaius some herbs being ruined, I jogged toward the pair that only brought trouble. As I walked over towards them I heard Merlin taunt Arthur with something about Daddy's men protecting you. This can't be good. Merlin and I need to be blending in if we want to survive not to insult the prince. Arthur and the knights laughed.

"Merlin, Gaius wanted herbs so let's go do that now," I hinted the best I could.

"I could take you apart with one blow," Arthur taunted. I turned to him with my eyes wide.

"I could take you apart with less than that," Merlin snapped. What did I walk into? I looked at him with a disapproving look.

"Look if you are going to embarrass someone, at least let it make sense Merlin," I commented.

"Ya, why don't you listen to your little girlfriend," Arthur said which he would soon regret.

"First of all, I am not his girlfriend! And secondly, I've told you that you're a prat..." The knights laughed.

"I just didn't realize you were a royal one," as I said that one knight handed Arthur a mace. I know Merlin would seriously get hurt, so I would rather hurt his pride. I put my hand forward as an invitation for a mace.

"Are you serious? You are going to fight rather than your brother," he laughed.

"Well, I figured if you get beat by a woman in a fight, then you'll be more humbled," I said with a little too much confidence. I never fought with a mace. I only practiced with bows, daggers, and swords which were my favorite. Arthur handed the mace to Merlin and I snatched it from him.

"Listen I've told you that you're an arse. And now I am going to prove it to you." I jokingly bowed. I swung my mace around in circles until I was comfortable. Arthur looked a little concerned probably because he was about to fight a woman. And maybe the fact that a woman knew how to fight, especially with a mace. The match began. I taunted him and he swung first. I quickly ducked and retreated backward. He charged and I swung with him barely ducking.

"Come on your highness? You are supposed to be the best in all of Camelot." I started to have fun. I use to fight Will back in the village until Merlin would cheat and use his magic to help Will. I believed it was important to learn to defend myself without magic since Merlin is not the athletic type. I was pulled from my thoughts as Arthur swung and almost hit me. The fight carried on further into the marketplace. I jumped on a table full of produce. I swung low and hit the stall behind Arthur's head. We kept a similar pattern of offense and defense. He would swing with power and I would duck with grace. And then the roles switched even though he was not as graceful as I was. I should have watched behind me, but I tripped over a barrel and fell. Arthur skillfully jumped over the barrel. He attacked but I rolled out of the way with a second to spare.

"You're in trouble now," he chuckled. I saw Merlin attempt to use magic, but he saw me look over. He knew better than to use magic in front of the whole kingdom. I needed to act fast, so I threw my mace at his mace. My mace connected his with the hook behind him. He was astonished and I was relieved. I rose and pinned Arthur on the ground. While I was about to claim my victory, I spotted Gaius who gave me an unforgettable stare. Arthur used my distraction to his advantage. He pinned me on a sack of potatoes and the crowd cheered. The palace guards were on their way over to take me away for attacking the prince. I didn't resist. To my surprise, Arthur ordered the guards to let me go.