The Curse of Cornelious Sigan Part 2

Alexandra's Point Of View:

Morgana's nightmares still came constantly at least twice a month during the whole duration of the situation. Whenever she had one, I was called immediately at her request. We would analyze the visions together and work to find a solution to bring her peace. This time it was a raven that flew away from the moon and towards Morgana. It screeched with anger. I knew what this vision indicated, but I knew the ward wouldn't understand. I told her it represented an evil that would come, but not to worry because Gaius would know what to do. "Close your eyes and have no fear. The nightmare's gone. I'm here." I rubbed her back until she flew asleep. Morgana believed I was the only one that could bring her comfort. However, it was more than just me it was my magic. Once I was sure she was asleep, I incanted a protection spell to help her sleep. It was powerful magic to manipulate thoughts, but she said her sleep has been improving.

Once morning came, I decided to spend it with Morgana and comfort her. I offered her a new draft of a remedy that actually was a potion I brewed. I tested it on Merlin the other night and incanted a nightmare into his mind. He said he saw nothing and slept peacefully. She didn't think it would work and was worried her nightmares were back. I told her this draft was something new and nothing like Gaius had been giving her. She nodded trusting my words. When I returned back to the chambers, Merlin was crying in a wooden chair covered in horse poop. I rushed to gather a cloth, soap, and water bringing it to his side ready to help clean.

"Merlin, why are you crying?" I said as I began to clean his face.

"I'm not an idiot."

"No, of course not. What happened?"

"I just want Arthur to trust me and see me for who I am."

"One day he will."

"When?" Merlin snapped, "Everything I do is for him. And he just thinks I'm an idiot."

"Not everyone thinks you're an idiot," I said wiping his neck, "Although looking at you now..." He looked up at me and grinned. "Now, that's the Merlin I know and love." I handed him the cloth and moved in front of him.

"Listen I know Arthur can be a clotpole, but you two are destined for greatness. I could see it from when you guys started to work together and get along. One day Arthur will realize just how good of a friend you are. But right now, you cannot question it. Sigan may be awakened and you'll have to be ready for it."

"It's hard."

"I know it's hard. Gaius said the inscription translated He who breaks my heart completes my work. Inside the jewel is the soul of Cornelious Sigan." Gaius entered and sat across from us. He attempted to tell the King of the dangers, but Uther dismissed him.

The physician stated, "But in order to truly live a soul needs a body."

"Cedric!" Merlin abbruntely said.

"What?" Gaius and I questioned in unison.

"He has been trying to replace me as Arthur's manservant. He plans to get Arthur's keys and steal treasures."

I patted Merlin on the back, "See you are clever, but he is probably already in the tomb with the time we wasted." We bolted to the tomb to find that the heart had been removed from its original position. The heart's color was gone. Merlin tried to warn Arthur, but it only got him kicked out with the help of Cedric. Apparently, Merlin and Cedric got into an altercation. I would have loved to see Merlin in a physical fit, but not under the circumstances of Arthur's stupidity. Merlin ended up in the cell. When I found out, I made my way to Arthur's chambers. I knocked on the door. Cedric opened it and Arthur allowed me to come in.