The Moment of Truth Part 2

Alexandra's Point of View:

I spurred my horse forward, seeing Kanen lift an axe above Matthew's head. As I rode past Arthur, I quickly grabbed one of his daggers and hurled it towards the post where Kanen was standing. Thankfully, my magic helped me aim accurately. Kanen appeared surprised to see a woman riding towards him. We jumped over small wooden fences and I dismounted, sword in hand. Arthur was right behind me, taking down one of the bandits with his weapon. Two more attackers charged towards me, and I prepared myself for the fight. I managed to trip one of them hitting him with the hilt of my sword. The other one I ran threw and withdrew my sword in a hast. Meanwhile, Gwen helped Merlin, who was not skilled with a sword. When I turned around, Arthur had finished off his opponent but was under attack again. I moved quickly, blocking the bandit's strike with my sword. However, he used his power to knock us down. Just as he was about to deal the final blow, Morgana appeared and ran him through. Kanen and his men fled, threatening to come back for our lives. I was quite exhausted from the random adrenaline my body pumped out. I propped my sword against a hut only to see Merlin hugging Will from the corner of my eye. I didn't realize returning home would bring back so many memories and so much time from my stay here. Will caught my stare and returned it with his charming goofy smile. The smile he would always do as children to get out of trouble. I shook my head trying to hide the oncoming grin. 

"Funny seeing you here," He teased.

"You know me, I always come along for the adventure." I approached him. He held his arms out for me and I collapsed into the embrace. 

"I missed you," he whispered into my hair as my head rested on his shoulder.

"Can't say the same about you," I joked which left him shoving me in a teasing manner. 

"You haven't changed a bit. The same old fire," He stated.

"Same with you the same old goofy idiot," I exaggerated the last part. Our get-together was interrupted by Arthur giving out orders. When I looked at him, he seemed annoyed by something. I figured he was just in soldier mode right now. The villagers gathered all around him ready to hear his plan of salvation. Arthur said that the villagers would need to fight for what is theirs; however, Wiliam was quick to argue with him. Arthur to my surprise remained calm and I admired him for that. William stormed off and Merlin followed after him. I felt uneasy about the situation. We were outmanned and lacked any useful tools for a battle. 

My mother broke the silence, "I'll follow you. If I am going to die, then I will go out fighting." My face fell. My mother was incredibly brave, but hearing her talk like that made me sick. The other villagers cheered and agreed along with her. I was glad for my village, but I felt a crushing weight push down on me. I left the crowd and went to a little spot by the lake. I used to come here all the time when I felt out of place or scared. It was hard growing up being the only magic folk in the village. A hum escaped my lips as I traced the ripples of the water. 

"If I didn't know that sirens already existed, you would be all the proof I need," Arthur said slowly approaching me and sitting on the ground. A blush crept onto my face as I wasn't excepting company especially not the prince. And let alone a compliment. 

"How'd you find me?"

"I'm a great tracker believe it or not." I dared to glance at him. He seemed different, observant in a way. "Why'd you and Merlin leave?"

I knew I couldn't tell him the real answer. I sighed rephrasing the sad truth, "Merlin and I just stopped fitting in. Things changed and we wanted to find somewhere where we did, I guess." It was partly the truth and it stung. I hated leaving my mother behind, but I knew Matthew would take care of her.