The Valiant Part 1

3rd Person Point of View:

Knights traveled from all the realms for an annual tournament in Camelot hosted by King Uther. Each knight must prove the title they own and one will get the crown prize offered by Uther. One knight, in particular, values greed over honesty. And believe it or not, Merlin and Alexandra are not the only ones who have it out for the prat.

Alexandra's Point of View:

Life in Camelot has been great since the Mary Collins incident. Merlin wouldn't agree because he works for Arthur. Merlin has been Arthur's fighting dummy. I, on the other hand, love it here. The town is clean and always busy. The people are friendly and helpful. The woods outside Camelot are peaceful. The castle is ancient and stunning from the stonework to the archway. I work for Gaius as his assistant which is a man's job. But since Merlin is the servant to the prince, I gladly took on the responsibility to learn and help others through science. The knights are showing up constantly for the tournament because it starts this afternoon. I am so excited to see all the knights fight. Morgana, Gwen, and I have been talking about what we want, and expect from the tournament. Gwen was nice and bias when she said that she wanted Arthur to win and continue his victory streak. I wanted Arthur to be challenged, but still win for the sake of pride and Camelot. Morgana laughed at us both and said, "Girls, you got it all wrong. A man that's half a fighter and half a charmer is the real prize." We all giggled before heading down to the arena.

Knights from all of the realms were presented by King Uther to us. I stood next to Merlin and Gaius. I had to be present in case someone got injured, mainly concussions or cuts. I was eager to see the men fight because we did not have anything like this back home. After King Uther began the tournament, Arthur was the first to fight. His opponent was smaller in height. Arthur easily won all his fights for the day. But quickly, a another knight showed immaculate skill. People cheered for the knight with a yellow shield; however, I believe the knight was too aggressive. Aggression can't be controlled and therefore can be dangerous. The knights met with the King in the Great Hall where a feast would be held tonight. King Uther claimed that the winner would get the chance to take Lady Morgana to the victory banquet for the tournament. All the knights lined up to meet her, but one knight struck her interest. Sir Valiant. He was a very charming man; however, I would not say the most attractive out of the knights. He also was arrogant which I hated. It was rare for a knight or noble to be quite humble.

Merlin slept in so I went to go to collect Arthur's body armor. I have a better chance at getting it right than Merlin probably does anyway. I found his armor and got to work. After I placed the pauldrons by the rest of his armor, I heard a hiss. Confused, I look around and spotted a yellow shield with snakes on it. I examined the shield up close when I saw a snake blink its eye. Jumping back in fear, I knocked over something that made a sound. Sir Valiant arrived and looked at me with anger. He pulled me off the ground by my right arm onto my feet. I didn't realize his other hand held a sword which was against my neck.

"Are you looking for something, girl?"

"Nope, nope I'm good," I responded as fast as I could. I slowly backed up. "I was gathering the prince's armor." His sword was still pointed at my throat.

"You're a pretty woman... and I must say it is doubtful to me that the prince would have a woman collect his armor." I scoffed which he took as an invitation. He moved closer and I tried to move farther back. Unfortunately, my back hit the wall and I realized I was trapped. He used his free hand to hold my hands against the wall. In a state of shock, I tried to move and I was about to call out for help when the blade came in contact with my skin. "It's better if you don't resist." Arthur came into the room probably looking for Merlin because the armor should have been in his tent by now.