A Remedy to Cure All Ills Part 1

Alexandra's Point of View:

Darkness covered the area. Screams could be heard. A final battle between nature and man. Knights of Camelot dead on the earth floor. I was there in the middle of it all. Flashes of lightning and heavy winds. I scanned the area to see a familiar face. I felt an unholy pull towards the ruins of a castle ahead of me. I took a step forward and then another one. My bare foot came in contact with something. As I looked down, the thing was a person and that person was Arthur. He lay lifeless on the ground with a sword in his chest. I gasped horrified. I stumbled back and fell down. I landed on someone and when I turned to look, it was Merlin. My body jolted and I was awake. Trying to catch my breath, I wiped the sweat from my brows. I blotted my tears with my nightgown. This was the same dream I had since I arrived in Camelot. Every time I was in a different spot, but the feelings were still the same. The number of deaths was the same and so were Arthur's and Merlin's fates. I figured that maybe it was a warning from the future. If something was not done correctly, then my dream would be the outcome. I could never imagine a time like that actually happening. I decided to get an early start to my day. Most of the servants would not be up for another hour. Fresh air was just what I needed. I slowly strolled to the top of the west tower. There were guards on patrol, but that did not bother me. I wrapped my overcoat a bit tighter around me as I stared out at the city of Camelot. It was peaceful and made it seem like my dream was impossible to become a reality. My lungs opened more and my body stopped trembling as much. The wind blew around me and swept the small pieces of hair out of my face. I stayed on the roof of the west wing for a while until the city started to wake.

Walking the halls of Camelot alone, I was quite satisfied with the silence until I saw Gwen panicking and racing toward me.

"Guinevere, what is the matter?"

"It's Morgana. She won't wake up." My surprise was evident on my face, but I did not need Gwen more worried.

"I need you to get Gaius and have him alert the King." She left me quickly to complete her task. Again, I was alone. Matching Gwen's pace, I made my way to Arthur's chambers. He was still asleep. I studied him for a little. He looked so calm with his features at rest. He snored lightly and his hair was all tousled. I rubbed his shoulder and called his name.

"What?.." He replied groggily.

"Arthur, it's urgent. Morgana is unresponsive." He jumped up when he realized he was not being awoken by Merlin. Concerned, I looked at him and backed away.

"Oh, um, Alexandra. Thank you for telling me. I'll be right there." I suppressed a laugh.

I left Arthur to his morning confusion and was the first to arrive at Morgana's chambers. Observing her up close before the others come, will give me the time to see if magic was involved. I glanced at her ears, lips, hands, head, and neck for any signs. Her left ear is what caught my interest. Flowers sitting on the nightstand next to her. Did her body have an allergic reaction and shut down? Was magic somehow involved? Is it something with her brain? The King burst through the door with Arthur, Merlin, Gaius, and Gwen behind him.

"Alexandra, have you examined her fully yet?"

"I roughly examined her and it looks like inflammation to the brain."

The King asked, "What could have caused this?"

Gaius answered, "Maybe an infection or reaction."

"Guinevere, the flowers, where are they from?" I questioned.

"There was no name. Morgana figured it was a secret admirer."I nodded at her answer turning back to Morgana.

"Gaius, I would like to go to the chambers to discuss some observations." He followed me out of the room after taking a look at Morgana too. In our room, I knew we would be alone.