Lancelot Part 2

Alexandra's Point of View:

Later that night, I found out that Lancelot had been knighted. I was truly proud of him and he deserved this. But I didn't want to think of the consequences he might face if the kingdom and its king found out the truth. Lancelot and Arthur were holding a conversation. Gaius stood next to Merlin and me. "You've done Lancleot a great deed, but who knows what the future holds?" I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking about it in a negative way.

"Yeah, I didn't know what it said on your invitation, but on mine, it said 'celebration'," Merlin joked. I laughed unlady like and Gaius chuckled along. Gaius left with some food and returned to his chamber. Gwen made her way over to us. I left them to chat and decided to talk with Morgana. It has been a while. I started to make my way over to her.

3rd Person Point of View:

"Tell me, what do you think of her, beautiful?" Arthur questioned.

"If you are referring to Lady Morgana, yes she is," Lancelot responded, but looking not at the Lady.

"I would believe you if you were looking at her. Were you talking about Alexandra?" Arthur asked a bit more defensively.

"Oh, Merlin's sister. Her features are of the beauty of nature not of the city. Her chestnut hair shines and compliments her ivory skin. Her eyes hold stories and secrets never told; the color of hazel. Her face always has an expression, but she is a true friend." Arthur nodded.

"Yes, she is quite special." He said holding his gaze on her figure.

Merlin and Gwen were having a very similar conversation.

"I think Lancelot has eyes for you."

"You think?"

"Sometimes I wonder if you knew how much he liked you even if he was standing right next to you."

"I think I would forget how to act," she laughed.

Alexandra's Point of View:

Morgana and I joined Merlin and Guinevere's conversation.

"So come on, just for the sake of argument, if you had to Lancelot or Arthur?"

Gwen was about to answer until I cut her off, "We all know she would choose handsome Lancelot in a heartbeat."

"Alex," she gasped embarrassed.

"I don't blame her. If he was more my type I would choose him too," Morgana stated. They all looked at me next as if expecting an answer.

I glanced at them before saying, "Merlin would choose Arthur all the way." The ladies laughed and nodded holding onto their stomachs.

"What about you, Alexandra?" Morgana asked. Who would I choose? It wasn't a hard choice. Gwen and Lance were made for each other. So if I had to I would choose Arthur.

"I would choose myself because I am quite the perfect match," I teased.

Morgana gave my arm a light squeeze, "Now you are starting to sound like me." Arthur made a toast to Lancelot. We all drank more after that, but all three of us regretted it in the morning. Gaius supplied the three of us with disgusting remedies to fix our hangovers. Lancelot and Merlin gagged. The moment of peace was quickly destroyed as the knights of Camelot arrested Lancelot. The bookkeeper told the truth about Lancelot and Merlin's lie. The king threw Lance in a cell, but Arthur knew that Lancelot was noble only wishing to serve. I ran down to the cells accompanied by Gwen. I allowed Gwen and Lance some time to talk. Seeing them together made me smile, but deepened the pit in my stomach. I would not know that type of love. No man would ever learn to love me for who I am. Most people feared magic and all it was. The one thing I admire most about Lance is that he is honest and humble. It is hard to meet someone of that quality; it is why he makes a good knight. Their conversation ended and I told Gwen that I would meet her.