The Valiant Part 2

Alexandra's Point of View:

We rushed to the Great Hall and I stood back as the two knights held the floor. King Uther was clearly upset by all this.

"I believe Valiant is using magic to cheat in the tournament," Arthur said.

"What do you have to say to this?" Uther questioned.

"This is ridiculous and I don't use magic. Does your son have any evidence of this outrageous accusation?"

"Yes, I do," Arthur replied to his father. Merlin brought forward the snake head which King Uther held and examined. Valiant's eyes shifted towards me. A shiver went down my spine. I bit my lip as the King studied the snake head. The King then looked over the shield. Gaius came in and whispered horrible news in my ear.

I walked over to Arthur and whispered in his ear, "Sir Ewan died. Gaius said the anecdote worked, but another snake bite appeared." When Arthur announced that the witness was dead, Uther questioned his credibility.

"Have you seen Valiant using magic?" The King asked Arthur.

"No, but... the assistant physician did."

"The useless assistant! You made these accusations against a knight based on the words of a peasant!" King Uther boomed.

"I believe she is telling the truth."

"My Lord, am I really to be judged on some hearsay said by a girl?"

"Your highness, I've seen those snakes come to life. Sir Ewan has the bite marks on his neck to prove it." I exclaimed.

"How dare you interrupt?! Guards!" I was being taken away by two guards.

"My Lord, I am sure the woman meant no harm," Sir Valiant smiled. No, he wouldn't. "I would hate for her to punished on my account." I'm absolutely disgusted that for a minute that creature had power over my life.

"See this is how a true knight behaves with honor," Uther said.

"If your son made this accusations because he was afraid to fight me then I will graciously accept his withdrawal."

Arthur looked around the room feeling helpless.
"No! I withdrawal my accusations and ask that you accept my apologize." Arthur said with anger.

"I accept," the snob of a knight answered. He smiled at me. The guards released their hold on me. I ran out after Merlin and Arthur.

I was waiting for Merlin in the hall that would have him leaving Arthur's chambers. I heard a voice thinking it was him, but I was very wrong. Sir Valiant, the true snake.

"Thought you could get rid of me."

"Yes, actually, since everything said in that room was true."

"That's no way to thank me for saving you." He said as he approached me.

"I would have rather be punished by the king then be saved by you." I sharply replied.

"Well, I would be glad do the honors." He used my words against me. I tried to back up realizing I was trapped. He raised his hand and slapped me across the face. The force caused me to fall and I began to crawl away.

"Look at you scared and crawling away. Too bad you had the confidence to go to the prince and open up your mouth." He kicked me which caused me to stumble. He pulled out his sword and swung it around. Scanning the hall for options of escape, I got to my feet and stared at the knight.

"You are a cheater and a liar. You deserve nothing, not even your title. You are a snake just like the ones from you pathetic shield." If I could get him angry enough, then he would attempt to strike at me. I could get away then.