✧𝐕 (home sweet home)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
-

I scanned the area around his home after getting off the helicopter, but it was too dark for me to see any other way for me to escape besides the guarded gate entrance. He hurried me past the grass and quickly into the main doors of his white mansion.

As we went inside we were greeted by Niccolo's
housekeepers, "Good evening Lidia, I would like to introduce you to my wife, Daniella Conti. Please take her to her bedroom, and make sure she knows where her clothes are, and if there's anything she doesn't like, immediately report it to me." Niccolò said to one of them.

"Of course Mr. Conti." the lady replied and turned to face me, "Right this way miss."

I noticed Niccolo went inside a room I assumed was his office, I wondered why he wouldn't show me around himself, but at the same time I couldn't care less.

I was taken upstairs to a pearl-themed guest bedroom with large French windows and a small stone balustrade balcony that overlooked the extensively green backyard.

"Mr. Conti has picked out some clothes for you miss," the housekeeper interrupted my blank stare at the moon that shone beyond the sheer layer of curtains. "The closet is inside those two doors on the left, and that other door to the right is your bathroom."

She looked at me, but I just stared down at the
floor. I guess she noticed my sadness and said, "I bet you must be tired Mrs. Conti, would you like me to serve you dinner on your balcony, or in
bed perhaps?" She suggested.

"Please don't call me that, Dani is fine." I said suddenly. I haven't been called by his last name before. I was suddenly reminded of who I was now. I was a married woman. I was beginning to feel sick again as I quickly rubbed my eyes to stop any more tears from forming on my bottom lashes again.

The kind woman stared back at me before asking if I really wasn't going to eat anything. I weakly smiled. "No thank you, Lidia right? I'm not very hungry."

She nodded. "Alright miss. Is there anything else I can do for you?" She asked. "No, thank you Lidia." I said sitting down at the edge of the bed with a soft sigh.

"Alright miss, I'm right downstairs if you do need anything or just phone me with the telephone by the door." She said smiling as she headed for the exit.

"Wait—I do have one question I need to ask you..."

"Yes?" She replied, looking a bit concerned.

"Where will my husb— um, Niccolò sleep tonight?" She paused for a moment, she seemed pretty confused by my question.

"Well, Mr. Conti's bedroom is the one across from yours, but I don't know which one he'll decide to sleep in this evening, I'm assuming with you miss."

"Oh, well thank you... goodnight." I replied anxiously. "Of course, goodnight." The woman said before leaving the room.

The room suddenly fell quiet, as a wave of sadness came over me, like a sudden burst of the reality that was living filled my mind and it felt like the whole feeling took over my tired body. I thought of my father, and how he would never forgive me after knowing he never came to my "wedding". I don't know how I'll ever explain this to him. That's if he ever does wake up from his coma. I've never felt as lonely as I felt in that moment, all I could do was lay on a bed that didn't even feel mine, and cry.