✧𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕 (fool's gold)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
-

"Damn it, Conti!" Borecci yelled as he took slow menacing steps towards us.

"I had to tell my folks someone had set the
damn fireworks off." He limped until he stopped just a few feet across from us.

"I would naturally be very upset that you've blown a hole through my door and disrupted my party. But, I see that you did bring a little gift with you. So I'm willing to forget that." He smiled an empty grin.

"I'm not here to kill you."
Niccolò spoke before me. I never realized when
he had placed me safely behind his body.

"Really? That is a relief. But I, on the other hand, do. I really, really do want to kill you."
Borecci spat.

"You can. Only if you let her go."

As Niccolò spoke a horrible fear made my
entire body grow cold.

"Niccolò," Borecci extended his hands out,
"that's not the way I deal with things."

"I don't want to kill you."
Niccolò remained calm. Which soothed my nerves as much as they could be at that moment.

"Is that so? Is that why you, the man who never misses, shot me on my leg the day of your wedding?" Borecci asked. His tone was almost nonchalant. His disregard for seriousness sent another chill up my spine.

"You said it yourself. I never miss."
Niccolò affirmed.

"Forget about it, Conti. I really don't have time to hear such explanations. I do, however, want to get this over with so that I can eat my cake. Move out of the way."

Why he would think that Niccolò would listen I didn't know.

"Let us go, Borecci. I don't want to cause trouble."
Niccolò repeated. His calm mood still present.

"My, my, Conti doesn't want to cause trouble. That's a first." He tossed his Cigar into the fountain and aimed his weapon towards us.

"Move. Out. Of. The. Way."
He repeated through clenched teeth.

"I won't and you know it."
Spoke Niccolò.

"I'm giving you a second chance, Borecci. And
I... am no man of second chances."
Niccolò warned. His tone still controlled.

"You're testing my patience, huh boy?"
Borecci spat.

"You did as you liked. You killed her father now
let her go. She isn't to blame for what somebody else did to you." Niccolò spoke.

"She is to blame, Conti. She is to blame.
They both are."
Borecci breathed heavily by the choice of Niccolò's words.

I didn't know how many more remarks from Niccolò it would take for him to snap. Or viceversa. Either way. It wasn't going to be a pretty fight. 

As Borecci struggled to maintain his posture Niccolò took his chance to whisper in my ear.
"When I tell you to, run out the door."

"They're both to blame. And I need to see them both dead! And I won't let an insolent boy like you ruin what I've planned." He spat.