✧𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗 (dig for gold)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
-

No longer a part of Niccolò Conti's life. I was no longer gonna be Mrs. Conti. It was all a lie. He never loved me. He never wanted me. I was just a game. A sick, wicked, and painful game he had chosen to play with me. On me.

My bags were packed in the trunk of a black limousine. It was true. Niccolò didn't want me anymore. He had sent out orders for my clothes to be packed. The chauffeur already knew the address to my parents house. He didn't even bother to say goodbye.

It was so easy for him to buy me, and it was even easier to get rid of me. The deal was until your father woke up. The words repeated in my head as we drove down the rocky hills of Niccolò's mansion. Until your father wakes up. Or until he dies. I stared at the mansion through the window of the car as it disappeared from sight. How could Nicky do this to me? When I needed him most. When I needed only him.

I stepped out of the car and knocked on the door of Victorias house. I sighed miserably as I remembered that it was no longer Daddy and Victoria's. Only Victoria's.

She opened the door with a sad face and a terrible lost look behind her green eyes. She wore a long black silk robe and her face was pale and naked without her makeup.

"Dani?" She looked at the bags on the floor and sighed. "Come inside."

She ordered the man to take my luggage into the foyer and let him leave. The last thing that could take me back to Niccolò. My only ticket back to him had left. Now it really sunk in. The loneliness, the abandonment, the betrayal.

I sat in the living room besides the quiet empty fireplace. Victoria had asked for a cup of tea to be brought to me as I explained everything through my cracking voice and inevitable tears.

"Oh, Goad," she said as I finalized my story. She placed a pale hand over her pale lips. It had been years since I'd seen her mouth without red lipstick adorning it. I suppose I never realized that she had been in mourning too. How selfish had I been.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"What foah?"
She asked.

"I never asked you how you were doing. We both lost him. It wasn't just me." I sniffled.

"It's not your fault." She sighed. "It's me that you have to blame for what you're going through."
She admitted with a lost gaze still in her green eyes.

"I'm just puzzled," She stared at the empty tea cup in front of her. "Niccolò, he told me how interested he had been in you. And I'm no fool Dani, I had known from the moment that he said it that he meant it. And at the wedding, his eyes. He's always angry at everyone. I felt nervous whenever I spoke to him actually. But with you, it's like you knocked him off balance. His angry eyes looked so fond to see you." She placed a hand under her chin.

"It's true. I had never seen a man so in love, in my life." She hummed sadly.

"It's over now."
I sniffled again.
"He payed what he owed didn't he?"

"Yes. He payed it fully a while ago."
She admitted bitterly behind her soft voice.

"Well then, the deal was until Daddy woke up. He lasted longer than he had to." I said and tried to keep my composure.

"So there's no reason for me to think of him anymore." I stood from my seat.

"What?"
She asked.

"It's no use Victoria. He doesn't love me.
You're mistaken."

"But I'm just puzzled," she continued.
"I could've have sworn that he did."