✧𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈 (night drive)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
-

We drove off without knowing what our final destination would be. Not that it mattered anyway.
As long as me and Nicky were together. Finally.

"What are you smiling about?"
He spoke up suddenly.

"Don't know. I guess I didn't think I could find happiness after what happened to Daddy."
I sighed happily.

"People like you always do."

"People like me?"
I asked.

"The innocent and pure. The good."
He said. His eyes still fixed on the road ahead. He turned the wheel single-handedly and puffed on his cigarette with the other.

"You're good too, Nicky."

"Maybe. Or else you wouldn't be here."
He chuckled softly.

He lifted a small compartment on the dashboard and introduced a British band CD inside of it.

We drove up the dimly lit streets of New York in Niccolò's red convertible Ferrari. For some reason nobody seemed to be out tonight. It was just us and the stars above.

He began to drive closer to a long bridge, that if looked at from a great distance, resembled the large London bridge with its calm waters still beneath it. But instead of the classic beige London scenery, black edgy buildings with sporadic little yellow specks on them surrounded us instead.

"That's the Brooklyn Bridge."
Informed Niccolò with a dashing smile as he pointed towards the bridge beyond the windshield.

"Why it's so pretty! I've never seen anything like it." I admitted.

"You didn't get around much before did you?"
He asked genuinely.

"Not really. You know Daddy kept me hidden away for so many years. You know, to protect me I suppose. Now I get why he never let me go out anywhere. You know besides school." I smiled.
"This was my first time traveling alone you know."

I looked over to my left and admired the beautiful piece of architecture standing grand at the center of the sea with spider web like iron keeping it together as waves crashed into its sturdy base.

It's size grew substantially bigger as we drove nearer to it. It was beautiful. Everything. The view all around us and below us. Even though it was late at night, we were still surrounded by the shining glimmer of thousands of twinkling lights. The ones from the sky, and the ones from the earth. The glow that emerged from every corner of this city was just blinding, unveiling the blanket of shadows that hid away any opportunity and revealing it to anyone who was brave enough to take it.

It never occurred to me, that Niccolò and I were one of those few people that were brave enough to take on the world, all alone.

I leaned over my seat to be closer to my window and admired the dancing reflections on the ocean stir beneath us. Well, that didn't seem to sit right with Niccolò.

"What are you doing?" He looked over to me. "That's not how you admire this view."

I looked over to him and waited for his answer.
He suddenly slammed on the break in the middle of the road and got out of the car. He removed the convertible roof and stowed it in a compartment behind it revealing before us a tingling gust of cold air and a full view of the night sky.