✧𝐗𝐈 (eyes wide open)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

-

I made my way to the balcony that overlooked the main entrance where everybody was.

I walked downstairs and sure enough every man in the room had their eyes on me as I very slowly made my way down every step making a gentle tap with my heels.

I thought Niccolò's friends would be all powerful and scary looking. Like tall menacing Russian guys or something with tattoos and long black coats. But these guys looked like walking straight into the Yale Polo Club.

Niccolò was in the middle of a conversation when suddenly his eyes went dark on me, and my ridiculously revealing outfit.

I knew he wouldn't say anything to me with everyone in the room present.

"Hi boys." I spoke with my chin held high as I finally reached the last step making sure to slightly pose for him.

"He-llo, Mrs. Conti." One of the men dumbly replied. I hated being called that, it made me feel old like my stepmother.

Niccolò's eyes were filled with anger. And his breathing was heavy. I couldn't hear it but I could see his chest heaving underneath his blue button up shirt.

"Don't mind me I'm just going for a swim. Carry on with your manly business." I pouted my lips at the "manly" then smiled at them.

"Hey sweetie." I turned to Niccolò placing my hand on his face as I walked past him.

His eyes traced mine as I walked. I could feel every eye in the room on my back as I headed for the patio doors.

I was even sure I heard a whistle come from behind me. Men. I rolled my eyes but I was still pretty amused by their reactions.

I smiled to myself confidently as I took the shirt off and went inside the pool by the stairs. I then came out slowly and sat down on the lounge chairs to tan. I was proud of myself, for a moment. Until the thought that Niccolò would come outside any second made me tumble my confidence, it left me feeling kind of nervous.

I couldn't even enjoy the piña colada I ordered since I kept looking over to the glass doors to see if Niccolò would come outside. But he didn't. I huffed and shook any thoughts about Niccolò completely out of my mind.

A few moments went by and I was finally starting to relax. I closed my eyes and felt the warmth of the California sun on my face.

Until it suddenly became pretty dark, I opened my eyes and realized Niccolò was standing in front of me. His tall figure covered up the sun. He startled me as I took of my sun glasses.

"Join us for lunch." Was all he said before turning around to leave.

I was confused. I really thought this would make him upset. I guess I was mistaken.

He was so insane he didn't even care. He really couldn't care less about me. Why should I care about him? I'm gonna join them for lunch and ignore him the entire time.

I put on the shirt and buttoned a few buttons to join them on the terrace. "There you are." Niccolò said standing up from his seat as he guided me to a seat beside his.