✧𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈 (diamonds in the rough)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
-

Oh, goodness. The dress was as ugly as I remembered it. The ruffles looked even puffier. "Oh, no. It's like wearing a birthday cake!"

"Oh please, Dani stop being so ridiculous."
Scolded Victoria.
"Now take it off and let Luscious do his thing."

Luscious King, Victorias hired stylist, had left the room after his masterpiece had been complete. I had to admit. He had done a wonderful job. My hair was up in a messy sort of bun. Complements of a Pamela Anderson magazine cover. My makeup was youthful. I didn't look like the clown Victoria had first showed Luscious as 'inspiration'.

"No, no!" He bellowed. "Absolutely not! Are you crazy? Dani's face is fair and young! Drowning her in makeup would be a rookie mistake! Oh we're going nude for you, babe." He leaned in and whispered in my ear, "We're doing the exact opposite of her." He wheezed while pointing his thumb at Victoria.

"Gretchen! Fetch me my Bronzed Dreams palette at once. Her pretty brown eyes are in desperate need of silver, some white, some nude on her lips, ugh, babe you'll look like the cover of this magazine once I'm through with you!" His chuckles echoed in my ears as I looked at myself in the mirror. 

For a phony wedding, I still looked pretty gorgeous. I even managed to like the wedding dress after trying it on and looking at it with my makeup and hair all done. It was puffy. Sure it had a few ruffles but the plunge line and corset made it look at a least a bit more juvenile. And I was glad. I looked just like Belle from 'Beauty and the Beast' . Only my dress wasn't yellow, and I wasn't marrying a mad beast. Was I?

Victoria had left to see about Luscious' paycheck and had left me with the burning question on my lips.

Was Niccolò really back? Could it be? Why am I so nervous? Why do I long to see him?

"Just got scammed! I mean, I just handed Luscious his check. Next time I'll ask what the cost is before booking." Victoria said closing the doors behind her.

"Is he here?"
I asked not caring about anything else.

Victoria's green eyes widened with a grin. "Careful, child. It's as if you want to get married." She walked over to me. Her long golden dress wasn't puffy like mine. It was actually pretty gorgeous. It was made of creamy silk tight around the breast and waistline and loosened the farther down it went. Of course, with Victoria less wasn't more. So she paired it with a large great blue diamond on her chest. And the ginormous great big bun that was her hair reminded me of a tumbleweed.

"Yes, he's coming."
Her words distracted my gaze from her
large head.

"Coming? He's not here?"
I asked already feeling dreadfully hot in my dress.

"Relax, Dani. I didn't lie about the lettah. He is coming, he has to."

The bridesmaids had all come to gather in my room. A few of my distant cousins from Victoria's side of the family cheered up the space and were actually pretty nice company. But I couldn't focus. I was ever so nervous. It was the conflict inside my mind that couldn't let me smile. Couldn't let me talk. I was sweating and my chest felt heavy and so hot. Did I want to marry this guy or not!

Soon, before I knew it, the sun was setting. The time was coming. We had to drive to the church. My breath thickened and I felt a cold sweat on my body now. I was a nervous wreck. Daddy had a stern look on his face for the entire morning. I'm sure he was disappointed by Niccolò's sudden disappearance before, but now he was impatiently angry.