✧𝐗𝐗𝐗 (phantom kiss)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Robbers  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

-

Finding Niccolò's whereabouts was pretty easy.
Booking a flight to where he actually was, was a lot harder.

I couldn't tell Victoria what I was up to afraid she'd talk me out of it. So when she went out one day to get Tink her rabies shot, I made it my duty to book the flight that same afternoon. Luckily, I managed to find Daddy's old travel agent in his office journal and he was able to smoothen things up for me.

It was my first time flying alone. My very first and Niccolò couldn't think to stay a few states closer? He just had to pick New York didn't he?

For the duration of the flight he was the only thing I could ever think of. Would he want me there?
Inside the taxi. The anxious feeling of my stomach didn't let me breathe. Would he let me stay?

It had been two weeks. Nothing major could happen in such a short amount of time. But I hoped that something major had happened within him. I hoped that he regretted ever letting me go. Because I regretted accepting to leave.

I pulled my coat tighter over my body and walked up to the large entrance of the building I was told was his. I looked down at the watch he had given me in Las Vegas. It was almost three in the morning. Niccolò would be asleep. I thought about coming back the next day. No. Come upstairs. Don't be afraid. I've been waiting for you...

The icy wind pulled me inside the glass doors and into the warmth of the building. The floor was a large polished slate of marble. I walked up to the black front desk.

"Evening, Miss. Where to?"
The old man asked.

"Conti residence."
I managed to say.

"The very last floor miss. Penthouse."
He said extending his hand out into the steel elevator doors.

I thanked the man and walked slowly into the elevator. I clicked the button that would lead me to the very last floor. To the penthouse. Typical, Conti business, I thought.

I walked out of the doors and made my way towards the back of the hall. The beige carpet extended for a few more feet below fancy yellow lamps that lit up the hallway. My heels slightly thumped against the soft material as I walked towards the very end of it.

I stood outside the double white doors. Wondering what Niccolò would think if he saw me through the peep hole. Would he be glad to see me?

I wasn't even sure if I was glad to be outside of Niccolò's apartment myself. But I knew I would regret it for the rest of my life if I didn't at least see him one last time. I needed to tell him what I felt.

I took a small breath and pressed the doorbell, my acrylic nail clacked against it.

I waited for a while.

No response.

I rang again.

Still, no response.

I hesitated to call his name. But I thought that maybe he wasn't home. Maybe I shouldn't have even gone in the first place.

I hoped and prayed that, while I tried to convince myself to leave, he would open the door and welcome me with those eyes of his. But he didn't.

So I turned around and began to quickly walk away. Scolding myself for an eternity. Stupid, stupid.
I rubbed my forehead to ease my thoughts as I
headed back towards the elevator.