✧𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈 (i can't hate you)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

-

"Dani?" Niccolò's voice was suddenly
faint in the background.

"Dani, what's wrong? What happened?" Niccolò quickly picked me up and placed me on the long leather couch in the lounge area of the basement.

"H— he tried to," I tried to swallow my sobs.

But I was absolutely tired. I was sick and tired of people threatening me and the people close to me.

"Shh." Niccolò held my head against his chest while I sobbed and held his arm tightly.

"I can't— I can't anymore." I held onto him. As if the world was falling, but he was the only thing that would keep me standing, that could keep me safe.

I wiped my tears and took a deep breath. Niccolò held me by my shoulders and examined my face carefully.

"Are you alright?" He asked not sweetly or kindly. But still concerned and very surprisingly serious.

"Mhm." I lightly nodded after a soft sniffle.

"Who was in here? Tell me." He asked, a bit more gently this time.

"I think his name was Frederico. He works for Borecci I know that for sure." Niccolò's stare was still fixed on my eyes, on my lips, and all around my face. As if he were scanning around for something, the truth perhaps.

"What did he want?"
He leaned closer.

"He told me he wanted to get a message through to you. He threatened me with a gun and— he..."

"He what?" Niccolò's dark eyes widened as he tightened his grip around my shoulders.

"He ordered me to take off my robe." I almost whined at the end of my sentence. Talking about how I was almost sexually harassed by this stranger felt so gross and so embarrassing.

Niccolò suddenly stood up and began to walk
away. "Where are you going?" I asked.

"I'm going to kill that mother—"

"No!" I stood up.
"Niccolò stop it, I'm okay really."

"How can you say that? You aren't—"

"He didn't touch me, I swear. Well, he did but—"

Niccolò was already walking out again before I even got the chance to finish my sentence.

"But not in the way that you think. I promise."

He turned around and stopped right before reaching the elevator, letting out a short breath as he turned around.

"He didn't touch you?"

I nodded my head side to side to indicate a 'no'.

"No. Talk to me. Say it."
He began to walk closer to me.

"No, he didn't touch me."