✧𝐈𝐗 (escape)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

-

Niccolò was gone by morning as I had hoped. I was relieved but at the same time terrified that I was actually going to have to go through with everything I stayed up planning last night.

I got out of bed and started getting everything ready. My plan was to order breakfast and hide behind the door. Then, I'd wait for room service to arrive and distract the guard and somehow I would escape.

It was a pretty stupid plan, I know. I'm sure Niccolò would make fun of it. But I was convinced that is was in some way gonna work. I dialed the code to the kitchen and ordered some food. I remembered that every time Niccolò ordered something they would take exactly 20 to 25 minutes to arrive.

"When the hour hand hits 8:45 I'll go stand by the door." I thought as I looked over at my watch. To kill the time I decided to pack a few things I might need. I didn't have any money but I did have my jewelry, so I packed it in case the opportunity came to sell it.

I grabbed a couple of clothes and packed them in the biggest bag Niccolò had bought for me yesterday. My heart was racing as I stood by the door. I suddenly decided to grab a small decorative statue on the table and use it as a weapon in case anyone tried to stop me.

I must've stood there for about 5 minutes until the doorbell rang. My heart almost beat out of my chest. I peeked through the peephole on the door, but I couldn't make out who it was.

Room service was early I thought. I opened the door when suddenly a man in a mask burst inside the room making me fall backwards onto the floor. I looked at him and immediately recognized who he was.

His black mask looked just like the ones the men who broke into my house wore. I steeped back as the man moved closer to me. My legs were shaking in fear but I somehow managed to get up and reach for the lamp on the nightstand to protect myself from him.

"Please don't hurt me." I managed to choke out. The man stepped closer to me. And seemed to examine my face with his mask through the holes
in the dark fabric.

His hand disappeared under his coat, like he was reaching for something. But before I had time to react, everything went black.

I woke up after who knows how long and realized not long after that I was inside a moving car. The left side of my face was numb and I felt dizzy.

Whoever was driving the car was an even worse driver than Niccolò.

I tried to make out where I was but it was impossible to see through the thick blindfold on my face.

"She's awake." A male voice spoke from the backseat of the car. I realized I could take off my blindfold even though my hands were tied up since they were tied at the front of my body instead of the back. I lifted up my hands and removed the piece of fabric from my eyes.

I was inside a fancy limousine. "È bello vedere finalmente quegli splendidi occhi... principessa" Said a man in a suit who sat in front of me. I remained quiet.

"I forgot. You speak no Italian." He said laughing softly.

"So parlare bene l'italiano, solo che non ho alcun interesse a risponderti." I said sternly. My Italian wasn't perfect but I didn't pass 4 language courses in high school for me not to reply to this old jerk.