✧𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈 (party crashers)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
-

We parked the truck just below a hill so no
guests would see us coming. I watched silently and anxiously as Niccolò grabbed his weapon from where he had previously stashed it.

He loaded his gun and placed a hand on my
cheek one last time.

"Do you really have to go?"
I whispered and took his hand in mine.

"It'll be the last time. I promise you."
He spoke softly.

"We can run away. We can leave and he will
never find us. We can go to Italy. You said you'd take me." I whispered and tried to swallow my tears.

"Dani, don't do this. Don't make this harder for
me. I promise you I'll be back. But this is
something I can't leave unfinished."
He placed both hands on my cheeks and lowered my face to kiss my forehead.

"Understand?"
He asked.

"I do."
I hummed.

He took a large breath and grabbed his silver weapon. "Okay." He spoke and placed his hand
on the door handle.

"Wait."
I called out.

He turned his head and I caught a glimpse of his dangerously bright blue eyes again. His messy hair fell onto his face as he turned towards me. How my heart melted as I looked at him.

I took his face in my small hands and placed a big red kiss onto his left cheekbone.
"To keep me with you. Until you come back."

He didn't say a word. I supposed my words had caught him by surprise. Instead he quickly placed a kind pinch to my chin and headed out of the car.

He leaned in from the outside one last time and looked sternly into my eyes. "You stay here you hear me? Keep those lips waiting. I'll bring my other cheek back. That's a promise." He smiled a crooked smile and closed the door before disappearing into the night.

And just like that, I was left alone. He was gone.

It must have been only a few minutes. But the silence was driving me crazy. I couldn't stay still.
I lowered the window to hear for a single gunshot.

Or two. It could be two. What if there's two? What if Borecci kills him first?

The anxiety was too much to bear. I opened the door and stepped outside since I was positive that I'd throw up for the third time that night.

I leaned over the car and inhaled the fresh air. I looked upwards into the mansion. Laughter and cheers were heard coming from the top of the hill. I could even hear some Christmas music.

I rubbed my stomach and tried to make sense of how wrong this really was. Regardless of what Borecci had done. These innocent people didn't have anything to do with it. And deep down inside, I didn't want Borecci to die either. It just felt like revenge was something we didn't have to do. Regardless of all the damage he really had done.

I mean if we were doing the right thing. Then why did I feel like everything was trying to stop us from getting to Borecci's house? Me throwing up on the highway, our car shutting off, the sign at the gas station. I'd always believed in signs. That everything happened for a reason. And these things weren't nearly coincidences.